• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here like Shell Cordovan loafers? Size 8.5D
I just posted these for sale, 299 obo. (USA only)
Get at me if you like em :):slayer:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its a "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today it is a PTB called the Fulton in black saddle horn leather, contrast stitching, exposed eyelets, padded insole and Othello outer sole.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kkoa12h So how did you get them to sell you a prototype shoe? I bet some Sa is going to get reprimanded if someone from AE sees that post.

Middlife

Reaction score

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@orange fury That was exactly the info I was hoping to hear - if these are dark enough to pass for black in dark lighting, I'm so there. Thanks man!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's what I've bought over the past 5 months:

BB Suede Chukka, BB model Oxblood Dundee(2nd)
Black PA, Dark Brown FA, Oxblood Strand
Bourbon Mcallister, Dark Chili Mcgregor(2nd), BB model Dark Chili Warwick
Tan Buckstrand(from the Christmas sale), Dark Brown Patriot(2nd), Bourbon Ashcer
Jade Martitime, Navy Sea Island

Like many of you folks, I was struggling with the fit of my first two pairs. But once I figured that out, boom... I told mysel I've done for at least a year, but I know I'll end up with some shells and suede/walnut loafers...

Gonna repost. Apart from the Green boat shoes, I like your style

Kkoa12h

Reaction score

@Kkoa12h So how did you get them to sell you a prototype shoe? I bet some Sa is going to get reprimanded if someone from AE sees that post.

Which shoe are you referring to?

Flytrout

Reaction score
Holy crap! I don't post about shoes very often, but when I do, I prefer navy shell. I think I just had a shoegasm. Thanks a lot Watchidiot.

Flytrout

Reaction score
Holy crap! I don't post about shoes very often, but when I do, I prefer navy shell. I think I just had a shoegasm. Thanks a lot Watchidiot.

frosejr

Reaction score
Longtime listener, first-time caller...
One of my favorite pairs, the original Lexington (not the recent one). Socks also by AE.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've posted them before, but those are hands down the best looking bourbon shoes I've seen.  Did they come out of a box that way?

Also, you don't have a brush in your desk?  I do....

Yep- I haven't done anything to them yet. And I thought I had a brush, but I discovered that I need to bring one from home...

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@orange fury That was exactly the info I was hoping to hear - if these are dark enough to pass for black in dark lighting, I'm so there. Thanks man!

Not a problem! Note though that this has been my experience with the Cornwallis- the Strands I've seen look a touch lighter. That said, if AE re-releases the MN Strand this fall, I'll probably buy a pair.

Flytrout

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I posted more in the last 5 minutes than I have in the past 5 months. Now I know what my wife means when she says I have shoe on the brain. I can't think straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads