Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those look great, especially with the tweed! Were these a standard offering or G/MTO? I've thought a few times that I would love to have my Black Hills in snuff or chocolate suede.

2. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

The clearance is pretty hard to resist. Bellevue in brown or cxl brown? I know cxl creases more and is very different than standard letter. I've been away from AE for a long time for dress shoes, but I really like their casual boots and shoes.

3. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Member

My 2nd black strands were better than my 1st bourbon strands.

The firsts are in great shape, a very minor blemish very low in the upper right above the stitching. You would never see it unless you were 2" from the shoe. The seconds were flawless however (cosmetically anyway). For $199 they were an absolute steal.

I guess it's just luck.

4. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

They were an MTO that I received last June. Coincidentally, I'm wearing the same socks today as I did on the day that I first wore them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  5. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing my Flagstaff Penny Loafers today, but every time I wear them I wonder if I should put US$2.50 gold coins in them, instead of pennies, to adjust for inflation.......

[​IMG]

6. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I got my Freiburgs in the same size as my 65 last shoes and they fit very well.

Chris

7. texas9

texas9 Member

Thanks Matt. I will try the 12Bs. Here is my left foot in 12C - not as much bowing as the right, though, strangely.

[​IMG]

8. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Same as Chris, @shades9323 .

9. 22busy

22busy Senior member

You've been wearing the same socks since last June? Time to switch out. :rotflmao:

10. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Your left foot looks perfect in a 12C, but your right foot looks a little loose. I think you have the same problem that I do, but with opposite feet. You could try snugging the lacing a little more on your right foot to see if that will draw the bowed out area tighter to your ankle. Definitely give the 12B a shot, but I think you are pretty close to the desired result.

11. DapperDriver

DapperDriver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm perfectly fine with the look, it'll eventually just be lost in the natural creases that develop. Is there any concern that the leather could split if there is a vein or other defect there?

On another note, I did break out the shoe shine gear to go over the McGregors. For some reason, I felt the urge to give my Fifth Aves their first proper shine. I got these during last year's RDA sale and have been a bit "meh" on them. A high shine on the heels and my best attempt at a mirror on the toes and my opinion has changed.

[​IMG]

12. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Nice shoes, cheap carpet meets Walnut Wednesday!
    [​IMG]

These are the replacement Strands AE provided after my original size failed to work (I have previously posted my excellent customer service experience). Though the fit is not perfect (a bit loose at the heel), I got lucky with sample variation - this is probably my best possible fit in a 65.

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Quick question or maybe you can link me to your other post about your experience, but I have a pair that was sold to me by a SA that doesn't fit that I'm trying to decide what to do with.

14. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Are they worn? If not, call your SA for a shipping label to send them back. If so, have you tried calling the customer service line?

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They are worn. I brought them into the store to have them stretched and wanted to give them one honest wear before I tell them I want a different size. The bad part is that they are boubon and likely only have seconds left (which is really fine, IDC at this point). What do you suggest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.