• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the gray McTavish from a couple of years ago?

I don't remember those, but now I hate you a little :) Those are awesome!

Don't hate me. That picture was from a google image search.
I wish that I had bought a pair when they were available.
Allen Edmonds also made the Park Avenue available in a "grey cloud" finish.

Its OK you can hate me. I have both. You can hate me a lot.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, the 108 has a shorter, narrower toe and a higher instep in comparison to the 65.

I think that's pretty accurate. A lot of people can wear the 65 and 108 in the same size, but I can't. The 108 is a bit wider. I find that I can wear any 108 last shoes in my usual small size.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked to see if nordstrom rack had any price drops from a few days ago and pretty much the entire stock of AE is now gone except for a few belts and one loafer. It looked well stocked 2 days ago. Guess they dumped their stock to a liquidator?

Possibly they dispersed them from their online warehouse to their brick and mortar locations. Or, they could just pop back up in the next day or two further discounted. Hoping the latter or finding a particular size is going to be tough.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's pretty accurate. A lot of people can wear the 65 and 108 in the same size, but I can't. The 108 is a bit wider. I find that I can wear any 108 last shoes in my usual small size.

I just looked my Lasalle are an 11.5D and fit very well so should I go for the 11.5D in the Carlyle? I see some on the 2nds sale but at $10 to return them I want the right size. LOL. :) I'm frugal, gotta buy more shoes!!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

skriefal

Reaction score
It's hard to mention something I have never heard of.

That does make it difficult. There isn't much information out there on this model. It was made on a 'boot' last, which might have made it unpopular with some shoppers.

catlettsl

Reaction score
What's up with this new leather AE is using! Has anyone else noticed? Is it some type of finish that is applied to the leather? Seems kinda plasticky IMO ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's up with this new leather AE is using! Has anyone else noticed? Is it some type of finish that is applied to the leather? Seems kinda plasticky IMO ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they use a spray acrylic now instead of wax polish. I'm not a huge fan.

Wore my grey Macs yesterday. No coffee, sadly:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale at Brooks Bros.

Includes Football Grain Dundee $298.80 and Snuff Suede Neumok $178.80.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys like these? Marble Gray parks I found on Amazon but $395!

I am not sure what sizes that they have but do you think it's worth $395? It is a marble gray cloud look. Does anyone know if this is a good shoe?

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the video on shell cordovan. (http://putthison.com/post/5219725232/how-leathers-are-made) I know I had a cordovan strap I almost ordered for my Panerai at one time but I didn't realize it was so durable.

Does anyone have any pics they would share on this type of AE shoe? What shoe is the best in this leather of AE offerings? Is it worth the price and why? $650 is a pretty penny. I do realize you get what you pay for however do they ever go on sale?

Last edited:

HoldenMI

Reaction score
I watched the video on shell cordovan. (http://putthison.com/post/5219725232/how-leathers-are-made) I know I had a cordovan strap I almost ordered for my Panerai at one time but I didn't realize it was so durable.

Does anyone have any pics they would share on this type of AE shoe? What shoe is the best in this leather of AE offerings? Is it worth the price and why? $650 is a pretty penny. I do realize you get what you pay for however do they ever go on sale?
Most shell cordovan on shoebank is on sale right now for $399. Also, you can order order for 15% off during a grand opening sale whenever a new AE store opens. I've done both and don't know any other way to get shell at a discount...I've never seen it go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads