1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Oh, and I had a good opportunity to shoe-watch at the mall. This is what I felt like:

My Black Hills had to have been the best ones I saw walking around.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. cegusa

cegusa Member

[quote nalme="Katchup" url="/t/518090/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-2016-news-pictures-sizing-accessories-clothing-etc/10995#post_8546604"]Pretty nice day outside , should have gone for a walk. Just got a set of the Mcallister in Merlot on sale for $190 the other day since their discontinuing that color line. Having a little trouble with them though. Picked them up Thursday and put a coat of the conditioner/cleaner on them for the initial prep before waxing them. Then yesterday I started putting a basic shine one them and realized that I've got white dry cracks on the side of one shoe and on the top by the eyelets. Anyone got any suggestions? I put one coat of lotion on originally which I suppose might not be enough, but now that I've already put wax on I'm a bit loath to strip it off and recondition them with more since I was hoping to wear them later tonight while out with friends. [COLOR=A74345][​IMG] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345][​IMG] [/COLOR] [/quote] Personally I would brush the heck out of them and then throw the conditioner cleaner away. Something has changed either will the conditioner/cleaner or the newer finishes which do not seem to play nice together. The wax is likely causing the white marks. I find that brushing is usually sufficient unless you are going for a stronger shine. This is usually best reserved for the toe and heel areas and not where there is creasing from flexing.

3. DustinM

DustinM Senior member

I picked up a pair of Strandmok 2.0 in suede in both blue and gray during the clearance sale. I love the way they look but will probably be sending them back because after trying them on its clothes I don't really think there's a place for them in my wardrobe. Will probably allocate the funds to the Academy when they go on sale.

4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Just listed my merlot Park Aves on ebay and noticed something interesting. There's no wear on both shoes in the very front of the soles. I wonder if this is a sign that the shoe is a little too long.

[​IMG]

5. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

I bought them too! I think the blue is very nice, It can be worn with shorts and a dark blue or light blue polo?

6. TexasTexter

Why are you selling them? I have a pair myself.

7. TexasTexter

So I was going through the shoes I have stacked up in my study trying to make a decision on what I really want to keep. I noticed I have a few burgundy! I must like that color. But maybe too much.

Dalton Cordovan
    Cambridge Cordovan (still haven't returned because it sat in box)
    Mcallister Merlot
    Randolph Merlot

I had not realized until I got them out of the box and really sat them in the floor that the Dalton and Cambridge are very similar to the McAlister. I think I should have gotten a black Cordovan something...my point is do you guys ever get hung up on one color? This happens to me with my blue shoes.

I already have a Merlot Strand and Merlot PA.

8. TexasTexter

I read about your discounts on Cordovan at the Palo Alto store. Now the question is should I return the 2nd's Cordovan Daltons and get a 1st Quality? There is like $37 difference in the price between them but there is the 6 weeks wait.

What would you do?

[​IMG]

9. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I guess my answer would depend on why the 2nds were 2nds. I have a couple pairs from ShoeBank that are flawless as far as I can tell (and I've looked hard).

10. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

You mean like oxblood? No, never...

2 people like this.
  11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Love the color and love the shoe, but I have a pair in oxblood that is in a better size. These are a little long for me. If no one ends up buying them, no big deal.

12. TexasTexter

Do you have a pic of them side by side?

13. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I have the same thing on at least two of mine. In fact, the unworn spots on mine are nearly perfect circles. We'll see what happens on the newer pairs.

1 person likes this.
  14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Sure. I posted this about a week ago. The 8.5 D is not a terrible fit, but I just prefer the 7.5 E.

[​IMG]

15. TexasTexter

The Oxblood looks more red. Is it shiny or flat? My Merlot PA are shiny and my Oxblood Warwicks flat finish.

16. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

To be truthful, I don't see much difference between the two. That's one reason I'm trying to sell the larger one. My oxblood PA's look closer to merlot than the oxblood Leeds and Carlyles I've seen. There's a lot of variation within all colors, as we learn. Oh, and my merlot PA's are bedbug-free.

1 person likes this.
  17. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

If it were me, I would pay the $37 extra- but then, my track record with seconds is abysmal.

18. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I am starting to see a Brown Grain Player 2.0 show up on the Shoe Bank. Very intriguing indeed. You know, because I need more wing tips.

1 person likes this.
  19. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Got these bad boys today. I always had my eye on them, and I am glad I finally pulled the trigger before they ran out of them.
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Looks like it's on the 108 last. Anyone own this and have pictures and/or fitting comments? Does it have a double sole and storm welt as I believe the original Player had?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.