• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeMerrill

Reaction score
@mreams99 @ace13x

Thanks for the insights!

I bet the oxbloods are fantastic but I can't let myself buy another red shoe this summer. It be number 4.

@ace13x

Looking forward to the side by side shots. Thanks. I am a bit jealous you got your dark chocolates for $54.99.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Lord! You are checking out shoes at 5:45am. You do have a problem
smile.gif

@ace13x

Looking forward to the side by side shots. Thanks. I am a bit jealous you got your dark chocolates for $54.99.

It all works together.

LeeMerrill

Reaction score
@ace13x so that's what I need to do to find Alden Tanker boots without taking out a second mortgage.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
There's a pair of those in my size on Nordstrom Rack's website. I've been tempted to buy them, but I'm already breaking in five pairs and need to draw a line somewhere.
1f62c.png

Those look like the fit you way better than your other Balmorals.  I believe they're on the 7 last like the MacNeil.  Wish they few more shoes in that last.

Edit: And the color is amazing.  Great look with the grey slacks.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Holy crap - me too! In the past month I've bought: black shell PAs, black pebble MacNeil, natural CXL Oak Street, and chili weave Leidens. I also have a pair of patent leather Times Squares that I bought like three years ago and haven't ever worn.

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Holy crap - me too! In the past month I've bought: black shell PAs, black pebble MacNeil, natural CXL Oak Street, and chili weave Leidens. I also have a pair of patent leather Times Squares that I bought like three years ago and haven't ever worn.

cnation

Reaction score
Just notice seconds black cambridge are on sale. Has anyone have good experience with buying shell cordovan from the factory seconds? or bad experience?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just notice seconds black cambridge are on sale. Has anyone have good experience with buying shell cordovan from the factory seconds? or bad experience?

Two years later, I'm STILL trying to determine why my burgundy Cambridges were at the Shoebank.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a pair of those in my size on Nordstrom Rack's website. I've been tempted to buy them, but I'm already breaking in five pairs and need to draw a line somewhere.
1f62c.png

I'm in the same boat.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Slackers.
smile.gif

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe story of my life on this forum...

Did anyone ever get back to you on the Firenze? I didn't want to butt in since I don't have long-term personal experience with it but I'll give you my 2 cents for what it's worth. I couldn't tell if you tried one on or not from the last post. It is built on what I referred to in my guide for lack of anything better as the "large Italian" last - like the capri, positano, etc. I cannot wear it. They go as low as a 7D and at least to me they run an a full size long - they are longer than any other AEs I have ever tried, meaning I would need a 6.5 (a full size down from 7.5 brannock). The pebbled material and soft sole give them a very casual look and feel which I also wasn't a fan of. They seem fine for something like a casual wear here and there type of deal but I would imagine a sole as soft as that would wear down pretty moderately. The predecessor, the Fiesole, looked better, dressier, and the lug sole would have held up much better. I have two pairs of Lucca that I absolutely love - the lug sole is built to last for sure. Hope this helps - I think with the Firenze they were trying to capture the look of one of the Ferragamo loafers and weren't concerned about building something for longevity.

bathiel

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Larchmont Wingtips? I see that they're on sale for $157 in bourbon as part of the seconds sale and they caught my attention mostly because I don't own any shoes in that color. I'm usually an 8D in Allen Edmonds shoes and I have no experience with this last (333 last). Should I order my normal size? Thanks!

When I tried on the Larchmonts, I found I had to go down a half size from my Brannock and 65 last size (8D from 8.5D). Same with the University and Flatirons.

Bernie

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Similar story hear...my downfall is boots...seems I now have socks to make nearly evryboot fit well....LOL...and hello AE Gents.....good to see this place still rocking!

Old photo but these still are a favorite summer bad boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads