• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have AE in walnut (shreveport, brisbane, LGA), dark chili (rogue), merlot (strand, park), navy (strandmok, cronmok, neumok, cornwallis, strand) and oxblood (warwick) what color is the bourbon closest to? Do they still have it? I don't think I have ever seen that color in person.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since those are firsts I would try and exchange right away (while they may have others in your size in stock). At the very least get them prorated to the current seconds price of $197 if you decide to keep them.

Edit: sorry didn't read through to the end. Hopefully you'll get a good outcome.

Thanks! I am optimistic. Allen Edmonds has great CS.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have AE in walnut (shreveport, brisbane, LGA), dark chili (rogue), merlot (strand, park), navy (strandmok, cronmok, neumok, cornwallis, strand) and oxblood (warwick) what color is the bourbon closest to? Do they still have it? I don't think I have ever seen that color in person.

There are still a few out there on ShoeBank (plus the McAllisters in AE eBay store). Its walnut with a dark burnishing, sometimes I think there are some greenish undertones (at least on some pairs) like you might see in poplar lumber.

The main problem with Bourbon is the propensity to have tiger-striping. There are numerous examples of awesome pairs as well as WTF on this forum and its previous iteration. Here is a picture of my Bourbon Daltons.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up these vintage Chesters on eBay last week for $40. I think they've literally been worn once. Based on the model #, I think these are from the mid 80s.

Last edited:

defenestrate

Reaction score
Bought my first pair of AE's a few weeks ago (Merlot Strands) and I'm loving them. Just came across the Strandmoks in Navy Leather and I must have them! (http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...ords-with-dainite-rubber-sole/8236-080-D.html)

However, they do not seem to go on sale often. I think I have a problem, I have been staring at a picture of them every day for quite a while, waiting for them to go on sale. Anyone know of some upcoming sales and/or promotions? I cannot bring myself to buy anything for full price (it was how I was raised
biggrin.gif
).

Thanks!

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought my first pair of AE's a few weeks ago (Merlot Strands) and I'm loving them. Just came across the Strandmoks in Navy Leather and I must have them! (http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...ords-with-dainite-rubber-sole/8236-080-D.html)

However, they do not seem to go on sale often. I think I have a problem, I have been staring at a picture of them every day for quite a while, waiting for them to go on sale. Anyone know of some upcoming sales and/or promotions? I cannot bring myself to buy anything for full price (it was how I was raised
biggrin.gif
).

Thanks!
Maybe check the shoe bank?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up these vintage Chesters on eBay last week for $40. I think they've literally been worn once. Based on the model #, I think these are from the mid 80s.

I picked up a pair of Chesters a month or two back and while they were worn more than 1 time, they were in great shape. Mine are in black and they looked great after some polishing. Great pair you got there.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Chesters a month or two back and while they were worn more than 1 time, they were in great shape. Mine are in black and they looked great after some polishing. Great pair you got there.
I haven't put a polish on these yet.

I really like the fit of the 3 last and the chestnut color is very different from what you can get from AE these days. I don't love the pattern used on the rear quarters, definitely not as elegant as what you'd see on the McAllister. For the price, I couldn't turn them down.

defenestrate

Reaction score
Maybe check the shoe bank?
They don't have that color :(

Come to think of it, I haven't see many of the navy leather strandmoks out in the wild. Here is a picture that another styleforum member (SUUTEEBIRD) posted.

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't put a polish on these yet.

I really like the fit of the 3 last and the chestnut color is very different from what you can get from AE these days. I don't love the pattern used on the rear quarters, definitely not as elegant as what you'd see on the McAllister. For the price, I couldn't turn them down.

I agree they aren't quite a McAllister but at that price its hard to complain. I paid $30 for mine but i'd have paid more for that chestnut color for sure.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't have that color :(

Come to think of it, I haven't see many of the navy leather strandmoks out in the wild. Here is a picture that another styleforum member posted.

I think the neumoks in navy are pretty popular on here. I've been wanting to get a pair but im still trying to hunt down some suede wingtips or strands (not the strankmok 2.0)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walnut Rutledge for a Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads