• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midnight Navy for first day back to work:

Finally mostly broken in too- this is the first day I've made it throughout the day without pain

@AllenEdmondsCEO /Paul: I've said this before on here (and commented to a couple SA's at your stores), but if you ever make the Grayson in midnight navy, I'll be first in line to buy it. I normally wait for sales, but I would make an exception in that case lol.

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With tomorrow being Wednesday, plus Indy week and all, am I'm a quandary. Need to be suited up n in 90 degree heat. So, navy blue with Walnut 5ths, blue with brown Bartletts, or off the grid with dark gray suit and #8 shell PAs ? Too many conflicting rules around here:)

It's Indy Week! Bartletts! Besides, shell breathes less than calf so it would get hotter inside those PAs. Plus--it's Indy Week!

:)

What he said - Indy Week/Bartletts! Lots of other Wednesdays for wearing walnut.

robster35

Reaction score
anyone happen to know of another well made boat shoe similar to the Maritime's Bone color? been doin some searching myself but seems most just make a navy or brown. cant get a good fit on the maritimes my toes touch the end on my usual size 10 and the 10.5's are a bit too large my heel slips a good bit even tied tight. love the color tho

LeeMerrill

Reaction score

anyone happen to know of another well made boat shoe similar to the Maritime's Bone color? been doin some searching myself but seems most just make a navy or brown. cant get a good fit on the maritimes my toes touch the end on my usual size 10 and the 10.5's are a bit too large my heel slips a good bit even tied tight. love the color tho

I do not know if they make a boat shoes in bone but two brands that I'd recommend checking out are Rancourt and Quoddy. Unfortunate that the AE don't fit. They are a good quality and the price is right for a handsewn even though they are made in Dominican Republic and not the USA. I tend to beat the heck out if my handsewns anyways.

robster35

Reaction score
yea i was pretty bummed. love this shoe. i may try an insert or something before i send them back. if i cant stop the heel slip ill hafta return em. i checked rancourt. actually purchased a pair of westport boat shoes in navy, fingers crossed the 10.5 work for me in that shoe, will look into quoddy also

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midnight Navy for first day back to work:

Finally mostly broken in too- this is the first day I've made it throughout the day without pain

@AllenEdmondsCEO /Paul: I've said this before on here (and commented to a couple SA's at your stores), but if you ever make the Grayson in midnight navy, I'll be first in line to buy it. I normally wait for sales, but I would make an exception in that case lol.

I love those. I have a pair. They are tight in the toes (hurt) for me so I am going with a very thin sock until they get broke in.

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, disappointed in the splotch on my Merlot Park Avenues. Thoughts? It looks like a totally different color.

Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me? I am bummed. These are gorgeous shoes!

tkebh979

Reaction score

Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me?  I am bummed.  These are gorgeous shoes!  

I'd be disappointed. I've seen some on dabondo1's eBay site that have similar, albeit larger, discolored spots at a considerable discount.

Have you tried cream or wax polish? If unsuccessful, I'd take it to your SA and see what they can do.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those are from the Father's Day sale online. I was bummed. I sent them back to AE to see if they can repair them. :( The are stunning in person except for that issue.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed. I've seen some on dabondo1's eBay site that have similar, albeit larger, discolored spots at a considerable discount.

Have you tried cream or wax polish? If unsuccessful, I'd take it to your SA and see what they can do.

Yes, all to no avail. I sent them back to AE to see if they can fix them. :( You know how it is you find the ones that just sing to you then you notice a defect. LOL.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me? I am bummed. These are gorgeous shoes!

Since those are firsts I would try and exchange right away (while they may have others in your size in stock). At the very least get them prorated to the current seconds price of $197 if you decide to keep them.

Edit: sorry didn't read through to the end. Hopefully you'll get a good outcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads