• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On occasion I will sell a pair or two on Ebay. This experience allows me to pass on some of the "Ebay insider trade secrets" I have collected. This week is another Ebay product photo tip. When selling shoes, it is generally best to actually insert a picture of the shoes, as opposed to just the end of the box in which they came. Don't pass this wisdom on to non-forum members because tips like this are super secret.
fing02[1].gif

They will probably sell for cheap and if there is anything not advertised on the add, you can return them for free!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone answered your question . . . but my answer should be "no blisters". If you buy at Nordstroms, make sure you call ahead of time to ask when the AE manager is on duty. He/she will have vast experience in a proper fit. Otherwise, return the shoes immediately with free shipping. AE factory also haves free returns.

All my best,

David

The Kennedy Style

Hey, man. Welcome back!

hexpoll

Reaction score

First post here! I haven't seen too much love for the Rogues on this forum, but this is my very favorite shoe. The 65 last is basically impossible for me, and I was about to write off AE entirely until I tried the 201.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dundee 2.0. Same dark gray pants I wore with the walnut pair. Crazy how they look super dark with a light shoe, but gray with a darker shoe

Markus N

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first contribution to this thread - a line up of my current AE collection.

From left to right:
Dalton, Park Ave, Ardsley Park, Carlyle, some suede LWB - dunno what it's called, Shelton and finally Gridiron.
All in 10.5 EEE but for the Carlyle in 10 EEE.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last workday before July 4th, so I'm being thematically appropriate:

I did want to ask about bowing though, this is going on on the right shoe:

I've gotten lucky and never had bowing happen with any of my AE's- does this look like too much? I'm not sure what is considered acceptable- it still fits well (not loose), I just don't want it to become a bigger issue down the road.

tkebh979

Reaction score
For those who wish for a mid-brown, blucher, shell wingtip at what I anticipate to be near AE shell prices... unspoiler the below:

Whisky Shell Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren Marlow Wingtip GMTO currently taking expressions of interest. With the GBP-USD spread at a generational low, C&J shell is roughly comparable with AE "stock" shell in price. Here's a photo of the shoe in Dark Brown Shell:

Price TBD, but similarly spec'd shoes have been recently priced at 500 GBP + 30 GBP shipping to US. Call that ~$705 as of 8am Central US time on July 1 2016.

Use the GMTO Google Spreadsheet to signup, and please PM me for more info. We are aiming for 12. In an effort to keep the focus of this thread on AE Appreciation, please do not quote or reply to this w/in this thread. Thanks for looking.

If not, keep calm and carry on.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score
Last workday before July 4th, so I'm being thematically appropriate:

I did want to ask about bowing though, this is going on on the right shoe:

I've gotten lucky and never had bowing happen with any of my AE's- does this look like too much? I'm not sure what is considered acceptable- it still fits well (not loose), I just don't want it to become a bigger issue down the road.

Those look perfectly festive. Great pickup!

Re: bowing... it looks like you have a combination of this and v-gap. If they were mine, I'd keep them. I'd probably pull them out a couple times a year on your more patriotic holidays (Memorial, Veteran's, Labor, Independence, and heck, Flag Days) and wouldn't care about the fit so much as getting the compliments on having something unusual.

I like these as a golf shoe as well (genius recommendation by AE ad), but it's hard for me to stomach $200 for a golf shoe that will take a bit of a beating.

btw... I'm sure you didn't intend to troll Canadians on Canada Day, guy?

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look perfectly festive. Great pickup! Re: bowing... it looks like you have a combination of this and v-gap. If they were mine, I'd keep them. I'd probably pull them out a couple times a year on your more patriotic holidays (Memorial, Veteran's, Labor, Independence, and heck, Flag Days) and wouldn't care about the fit so much as getting the compliments on having something unusual. I like these as a golf shoe as well (genius recommendation by AE ad), but it's hard for me to stomach $200 for a golf shoe that will take a bit of a beating. btw... I'm sure you didn't intend to troll Canadians on Canada Day, guy?
The v-gap isn't as bad as it looks- I can actually pull it tighter, but my feet tend to be more swollen in the morning- it'll be tighter by midday. I plan on wearing them often during the summer though, not just holidays, so that's why I was concerned about the bowing. Didn't realize that today was Canada Day lol

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's better when I tighten them, but still:

Try a different lacing style like criss-cross. Pretty casual style so (in my opinion) bar lacing isn't required unless thats just what you prefer. I don't usually use that type of bar lacing when my v-gap doesn't close. I either go regular straight bar or criss cross. YMMV. Look good either way!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My first contribution to this thread - a line up of my current AE collection.

From left to right:
Dalton, Park Ave, Ardsley Park, Carlyle, some suede LWB - dunno what it's called, Shelton and finally Gridiron.
All in 10.5 EEE but for the Carlyle in 10 EEE.

Ooo, you got one of the old Walnut Carlyles with the old piping. Excellent.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooo, you got one of the old Walnut Carlyles with the old piping. Excellent.

Even the Independence line shoes don't have piping anymore. Absurd. At least the Strand still has it.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the Independence line shoes don't have piping anymore. Absurd. At least the Strand still has it.

You know, I actually don't think it looks terrible on the black shoes. I haven't seen a merlot Hopkinson in person yet, so I can't comment on merlot. But the black Carlyle's I saw didn't look too bad. It's the walnut color that looks really rough with the new piping in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics