1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

I bought my Strands from Daniel as well. He definitely knows his shoes. I've meaning to email him to see when the next sale is so I can get a new pair.

2. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Member

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm so screwed now.

3. BL70

BL70 Well-Known Member

can anyone convince me why I would need walnut Daltons when I already have CXL Long Branch? Yes color is a different shade, calf is a little sharper than CXL, and the lug sole on the LB makes them more casual. But don't they serve a similar purpose? Anyone who has both care to comment on if they both get worn?

4. StylinProfilin

StylinProfilin Well-Known Member

Don't think, just do.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Long Branch = Trattoria....Dalton's = Ristorante

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. texas9

texas9 Member

Daniel is great. Next sale is the anniversary sale in April.

7. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the dub monks...Peanut Newbergs are definitely mine..thanks for the heads up

8. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

During the last clearance sale I picked up a pair of Odenwalds and Hagerstown but am on the fence about keeping the Hagerstown. I typicall wear a 7E but got them in 7 since they aren't made in wide and am concerned they might be a bit tight, specially around the picky toe and instep. Any thoughts on whether I should return them or wether they will stretch out over time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

First of all, they will definitely stretch; second of all, how thick are those socks? I'd think they were designed for sockless (or very thin sock) wear. Those look almost like fair isles, which are generally a hefty weave.

10. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

The socks are actually relatively thin, not much thicker than regular dress socks.

11. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Knick knack bourbon Mac, throwin Dan a bone...

[​IMG]

Ok so it's not bourbon, and it's not "the worlds best rated whisky," as some of my Canadian friends have jokingly said, but this northern harvest stuff is good. Might have to better investigate this rye thing...

12. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

A new acquisition from the 'bay: barely worn (once if that) Merlot Hopkinson. Was not really on my wish list but does fit a need in my lineup. The price was just too good to pass up. Also, I really like Indy shoes, so there's that.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

That would be absurd. I'd probably want a pair.
    But then I think every shoe would be nicer as a chukka.
    Except longwing chukkas. Those are abominable.

Quote:
    Who did you contact to get them stretched? I wonder if they could do that for my Dundee 2s which are a bit cramped in the toe.

14. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

Great shoe, I have them in black. The leather on those is on par with most of my CJ shoes.

15. jet-stream

These were originally seconds, due to poor finishing on the wheeled edge of the sole and the right toe cap. The toe cap is a bit too far forward on the outside of the right shoe; it initially bothered me but isn't that obvious (can't really tell in the photo above), and if I notice it in the future I'll associate it with saving like $400.

Hmmmm .... Crime of opportunity here, but how do your CJs for compared to AEs? I'm specifically thinking the Edgware, could compare to pretty much any AE shoe you choose, but Hopkinson would work. Edgwares are in my list since I can't fit a Cornwallis.

Edited for typo.

16. jet-stream

+1

1 person likes this.
  17. jet-stream

1. Manistee, or possibly DuPont (I'd lean toward the latter for a strand, but either would work with a McAllister. If you don't want to match the brogueing, Dearborn is a nice belt.

2. I use woodlore epics and JAB. The JAB are a bit too big in the forefoot for my taste but the price can be very good. I usually add brass knobs to them, especially for boots. The woodlore epics are perfect IMO, but expensive.

18. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

Rittenhouse is very good for the price. Bourbon is king, however.

19. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

What was your brannock again? Those look like a mediocre fit. I think you might need a smaller width and a longer size. You aren't filling the vamp.

20. AdironDoc

AdironDoc Member

Stopped by the outlet this evening but they didn't have any Daltons in my size. They did, however, have McTavish in tan for $149, not factory seconds. The salesman noted many styles on sale, especially anything in Bourbon, a color he noted was being discontinued. Got a pair of tan McTavish for $149. Plenty of bourbon styles for $129. If I didn't have a bourbon McGregor I'd have bought a pair of everything. Tried the McTavish on with the free stockings. Amazingly comfortable, perhaps even more so than my McGregors and Neumoks. Couldn't say no.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.