1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Kristen.

2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I ordered a pair early this morning, and have already received notice that they've shipped.
    That's the fastest I've ever seen. Usually it's at least 4-5 days (sometimes more) before my shoes ship.
    It must be because of my timing. I ordered pretty early this morning, which was probably before the big rush.

3. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Which shoe did you get?

4. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

So I was at Nordstrom Rack today and saw a pair of AE Kenilworths first quality in my size for $209. Then I saw another pair in a different size that said $99. I asked if they could match the price and unfortunately they acted like a-holes and didn't want to match the it because they said that the $99 one was an older pair. They both were the same shoe and same color. They looked exactly the same except that the older pair just needed a polish. I remember I bought my girlfriend a jacket at the Rack befote and found it cheaper on a different one and they gladly matched the price. Oh well. You win some, you lose some...

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

That is one lovely burnish job. May be the best pair of bourbon anything I've ever seen. Congrats! The left shoe is almost Edward Greenish

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  6. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

Kristen (Mgr).. also Jimmy.

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Is Jimmy the young guy or the old guy? Along with Kristen those are the only three I've seen there.

8. hentaisan

hentaisan Well-Known Member

My best fitting shoes are AE fairfax in 8.5D. they started a big snug but after breaking in fit like a second skin. I have PAs in 9D that are a bit big. What size will I be in Daltons?

9. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Maritimes in bone suede.

10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I would say probably 8D. 8.5D might work since you can lace the Dalton's up tight to compensate a little or you can wear cushioned boot socks (or both). The 511 is definitely wider from the ball forward, but to me they're in line with the 65 in the heel.

With only the 2 data points I strongly suggest you try them first. If there isn't an AE store nearby, I think Nordstroms carries them.

11. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

I got mine in my normal size, and they were tight. Like, couldn't even have worn a thin sock. They felt OK without socks, but after wearing awhile they destroyed my Achilles where the shoe hit my leg. They've loosened up since, but still wreck that area when worn sockless (or no-shows) unless I remember to put on a bandaid. I was hoping they'd mellow out, but maybe I just have weak flesh.

In re: my big toe, it's pretty close to the end, but it feels right when on.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Three for me - only regret is that I don't have the gray so I could be twinsies with Pep.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    You do this to yourself, honestly. Makes my job a lot easier.

14. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Kristen is the best, hands down. Not a fan of Jimmy.

15. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

Agreed. She was awesome to work with.

16. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Yes, the AE Conditioner/Cleaner definitely removes old shoe polish. Since so many AE shoes come burnished (which is nothing more than a different color polish than the shoe color) from the factory, AE really should add a warning label to the Conditioner/Cleaner about this.

17. vince24L

vince24L Active Member

Does anyone have any photos of the color 'Dark Chili Burnished'? Specifically for the strands but that doesnt matter. Just curious how the color comes through.

Just a heads up my soon to be wife said no to my merlot strands for my wedding day. And the Park aves in burnished brown were too dark and simply a bit boring. So now I get to research some more!

18. kingrover

kingrover Active Member

Dark Chili McAllister for your consideration

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. vince24L

vince24L Active Member

Those look great! Are those burnished or no? Burnished will just be more matte correct?

20. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Really???? That shoe is awesome!

Here are my dark chili burnished Park Avenues:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.