1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kkoa12h

Kkoa12h Member

Walnut Mcallisters on a so far gloomy Walnut Wednesday in NYC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

The days of ordering single or group MTOs without any sort of surcharge are long gone, in afraid. Except for the occasional cordovan special promotion...

3. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Snagged 2 pair. I would get more but then all my other trees would go unused or make me buy even more shoes. Given that in the last 3 days I've purchased a chili Leiden weave, shannon drives from ebay store, blue nuemoks from our favorite seller, and chili rogue from ebay store I think there might be a problem. I might be hoping some of them don't fit properly. I passed on the Cornwallis in chili during the Nordstrom anniversary sale only to fall victim to the Leiden (which I personally like more as long as the last is friendly to me). Chili rogue might fill that same slot as the leiden weave so strong possibility one goes back.

4. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Warwick Wednesday:
    [​IMG]

Wanted to ask- I noticed this on my left shoe from yesterday (my combination tap sole McAllister's):
    [​IMG]

(With flash):
    [​IMG]

Do you guys think this will cause a problem long term?

1 person likes this.
  5. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

5 people like this.
  6. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

I didn't know they had a picture gallery on their site. Thanks for mentioning it @harlequin782 . Pretty cool! I definitely see a bunch of pics I recognize @peppercorn78 . Though... this has me thinking that I need to take better/cooler pictures. Mine are never intended to be great photography - rather give everyone in this thread a non-stock, in the wild pic (along with some feedback on pics).

7. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

8. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes" for Wednesday, 10 August 2016. Bourbon Fifth Aves... again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

@St Hubbins

You should invest in heather grey v neck under shirts. It won't show through your shirts and you won't look like the IT nerd who doesn't know how to dress (Coming from another IT nerd)

1 person likes this.
  10. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Would agree... though grey will show through white shirts on the occasion that you wear one and wish to conceal natural skin discolorations. (I have nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?)

Which is why I roll with the white v's - deep enough to not be seen, but not so deep as to be strange looking (in my view).

2 people like this.
  11. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Screaming for an arb opportunity.

12. Maxy

Maxy Well-Known Member

I have brown mora 2.0 and Bob's chili Bleecker Street. Which is better choice for travelling in summer to a friends house? Am planning to wear (blue) Jeans, chinos(khaki) for 3 day weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Personally I'd go with the Mora 2.0 but thats just me.

14. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. Besides, I spent all my money on shoes.

I, too, am in IT. And my location is almost all IT, so I wouldn't say the majority here are sartorially savvy. But, you're right. I've come across similar recommendations in my reading but haven't gotten there yet. I am only about a year into adopting this new, more adult-like facade. Will have to work that in during the winter months when my skin tones regulate.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

I only really wear boots if it's around 70 degrees or below.

16. middlepP

@Maxy , I'm a huge fan of the chili Bleecker, so take this with a grain of salt...

I'd roll with the Bleeckers. I find them to be one of, if not my most, versatile option from AE. They look great, with just enough elements of pop (color, cap toe, dressier chukka) but don't stand out - like a double monk strap might. Guess it depends on the look or statement you are trying to make. Ultimately you won't go wrong with either decision, so go with what you prefer or what fits the best.

17. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

I never wear undershirts. But I'm also 95% of the time in an air conditioned building/car and not out walking around. Adulting is hard :(

18. middlepP

Chinos and snuff Fullerton 2nds today. 65 sizing (brannock - 0.5 in length) and love the fit of these! Wish my other 511 boots fit as well as these do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

Funny that you mention 511 boots. I have a pair of Malverns that I plucked from the bay coming in tomorrow.

20. middlepP

I feel naked without an undershirt on, plus it gets a little sweaty walking across campus to my office when its 90, let alone 100+. I hate the look of a white shirt peaking out the top of my button up, but desire the coverage of my pits that you lose with what I know as wife beater (sorry if this offends anyone; not sure of correct name, maybe A shirt?). I've resorted to deep v-necks, but this sometimes creates a contrast where the shirt is over undershirt vs over skin only, especially with only the top bottom undone.

I'd love to invent an in-between: sleeves, but with the deeper neck/back of a beater. Watch out Shark Tank, here I come...

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.