• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

robster35

Reaction score

@robster35
 - as @M2511
 mentioned, these are the Rush Streets in golden brown. Basically the cxl/dainite cousin of the Strand. I found this make-up gives me a little more versatility over a walnut strand.

I hope you are enjoying your new Strands. FYI... I prefer using neutral polish rather than AE's walnut. Better yet, I have found that a little Meltonian cognac, or even AE's bourbon or dark brown, really helps tone down and add depth to AE's walnut.

thanx! havent picked up polish yet but need to. will look into that meltonian cognac for sure

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We added a couple more requested items for shoebank.com:

1. Selection by Sole. We are still playing with the data behind the site, but its 90% complete
2. You can enter a style name to reduce your search.
3. We added a reset form button.
4. As previously noted we added inventory by store selection.
5. We clarified the pricing during sale periods by having the previous price crossed out and the sale price displayed.
6. We expanded the number of items viewed per page selection. We are still playing with this one.
7. We corrected some of the performance issues we were seeing.

We are still looking at expanding the category selections.

Thank you,
It's crazy to think that this forum just made an impact on a company like AE. I mean, I guess we are shoe nerds and barnweasels of the highest order, deserving of the attention considering how heavily we contribute to their bottom line.

Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So your advice would be TTS/possibly down one width on the Kirks, up a full length on the Sea Islands?

I found the latter to be true for me, but haven't tried on the Kirks.
My kirks are my brannock and fit wonderfully. I wear no show socks with them, so that controls the volume a bit.

harlequin782

Reaction score

It's crazy to think that this forum just made an impact on a company like AE.  I mean, I guess we are shoe nerds and barnweasels of the highest order and deserve the attention considering we contribute heavily to their bottom line.

Im not surprised...it only makes sense for AE to tap into this thread to gauge the temperature of its consumers. They would probably have to otherwise pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for these kind of free suggestions for research and development that they get here. This thread is a literal goldmine for a company looking for consumer feedback. And im glad to help, because it ultimately creates a better product/experience for us as buyers.

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's crazy to think that this forum just made an impact on a company like AE. I mean, I guess we are shoe nerds and barnweasels of the highest order, deserving of the attention considering how heavily we contribute to their bottom line.

It is pretty cool to know we directly impacted some of these changes. They definitely enhance how the site works, if for no one else but us it still leads to us spending more $ I think hah. Now if we can talk them into bring back styles we miss too.....

Last edited:

pbrandes

Reaction score
On the heels (sorry) of yesterday's Bartletts, new trophy from a rare WeaselBank sighting of long-lost brown Rutledges in my size, color coordinated with my Peet's fix. They were marked as seconds/closeouts but no obvious flaws, great fit and supremely comfortable. Agree with previous posts, the 333 fit is very different (and for me, better) than the 1943 "replacement."

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm certainly not the expert or the final arbiter on the issue, but to my eye it is the Acheson. The toe stitching style and the presence of stitching around the heel match up with the Acheson rather than the Grayson, I think.

Open to other opinions!

I've had the shanley and Grayson side by side. Shanley is definitely not Grayson. Never had the Acheson but appears to be more like the shanley than the Grayson is.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
The only way I could like this more is if you had also announced that you had just found a misplaced cache of Brooks Fifth Avenues in my size in black and chili. Or that you were opening an outlet in Brooklyn's Atlantic Terminal.

1. Selection by Sole. We are still playing with the data behind the site, but its 90% complete
5. We clarified the pricing during sale periods by having the previous price crossed out and the sale price displayed.
6. We expanded the number of items viewed per page selection. We are still playing with this one.

Thank you,

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some rain in the morning so I went with the aberdeens today. Like how the water beads off the leather. And, of course, the commando sole. However, don't like how they have not held their structure. They kinda "blob out":

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you,

Things are looking great! Definite time saver.

May I suggest another item which would help some shoppers?

Most of us here are probably checking the bank for 2-3 sizes, which means 3 finite searches. Would be nice if we could identify more than 1 size per search. (for me, that is 15d and 14eee)

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's crazy to think that this forum just made an impact on a company like AE.  I mean, I guess we are shoe nerds and barnweasels of the highest order, deserving of the attention considering how heavily we contribute to their bottom line.

I take compensation in the form of shell... *looking at you WMG*

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the heels (sorry) of yesterday's Bartletts, new trophy from a rare WeaselBank sighting of long-lost brown Rutledges in my size, color coordinated with my Peet's fix. They were marked as seconds/closeouts but no obvious flaws, great fit and supremely comfortable. Agree with previous posts, the 333 fit is very different (and for me, better) than the 1943 "replacement."
Thanks for keeping the PC pic tradition alive! Btdubs, I created an Instagram page to showcase this particular combination of addictive behaviors. http://instagram.com/shoes_with_coffee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads