1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

I regularly walk out of the house wearing shoes that exceed the total combined cost of all the other clothing I'm wearing that day. Today is one of those days.

3 people like this.
  2. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

These (formerly) walnut Fenways have mostly been relegated to beater/lousy weather status... but sometime you just need to end your week in some LWBs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

1 person likes this.
  4. parks1388

parks1388 Member

I have a pair of shoes that I would like to rest about a full finger thickness further down the shoe toward the toe. There is not heel slip, but I can feel that the ball of my foot is just not quite where I want it to be and it feels better when I force my foot further down the shoe. This is a recent problem, and I have found, in trying on multiple shoes, depending on the last (and sometimes depending on the particular shoe) the 11 or the 11.5 eee could work. It's not a fatal issue for this shoe for me, but I'm sure I'd find it more comfortable if I could get my foot to permanently rest a little further down in the shoe.

Has anyone had experience with heel pads to try and push the foot further down the shoe?

5. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I tried some but the problem was that they would always come off so easily. The friction from my socks would always make them lose stickiness.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. blue123

blue123 Well-Known Member

So I just picked up these Walnut Strands from Nordstrom on their Anniversary sale. I just did a quick one over and saw this on the bottom of the heel. Is this the thread coming out? Not sure if it should be like this or am I over reacting?

[​IMG]

8. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

That should not be like that. The stitching should be inside that groove the entire way around the shoe so that it's not so exposed to the friction involved in making contact with the walking surface. Since you paid for first quality shoes, I would recommend exchanging them.

9. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

[​IMG]

Bitter Chocolate suede McGregor's for casual Friday.

4 people like this.
  10. sruchris

sruchris Well-Known Member

Brown McTavish today.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

That looks like the sole instead of the heel. Probably not an issue. The welts are lock stitched so it shouldn't come undone. AE has only channeled the soles the past few years. Some of my 15+ year old AE's are not channeled and have the white thread they used to use before switching to black thread. But if it bothers you, you have every right to return them. Chris

12. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I believe that you are over reacting.

13. Vitals

Vitals Active Member

[​IMG]

New pair of oxblood PA's today!

5 people like this.
  14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Its nothing. It doesn't even look like they missed a stitch.

But you got them at Nordstrom, with their return policy three is no reason NOT to return them (other than possibly having to wait for another pair) if your not happy. On the other hand, you might get another pair with an unacceptable defect.

15. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I guess I am out-numbered here. In which case, I reverse my opinion and would like to comment on what a charming bit of character it adds to the shoe... Sort of like Marilyn Monroe's beauty mark.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Interesting how they look almost like chili in the sun. The Park Ave is such a comfortable shoe.

17. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I guess the point is it isn't a visual/cosmetic flaw and it isn't a functional flaw. Not something I'd worry about unless there was something else going on...

18. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Standing down. But I am surprised that something such as that would be considered acceptable by quality control. *shrug*

19. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Christmas in August. All pairs fit perfectly and I got them in my regular Strand size. Oh and no shoe trees yet because apparently Nordy can deliver shoes faster than trees...
    [​IMG]
    On a different note, what to pair with these midnight navy trousers for a reception tonight? Purple scissors showing for color purposes against the black too. I know they look charcoal but blame the lighting. Think of the shade of the strand and Cornwallis was released in. Looks dark until you're up close. Anyway, I'm thinking oxblood Strand or McGregor. Or if I want to be flashy walnut McAllister. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

20. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Go with the Oxblood (Strand would be my pick). It'll match better if there is flash photography and the lighting blows out the color from black to charcoal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.