1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

Oxblood Grayson on a Tuesday morning with no coffee.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Well-Known Member

I love it !!

I've got all three as well and they're great.

3. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Little Grayson love today. Something about real men wear pink too?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. eagleman

Great minds think alike? Love the Oxblood Grayson.

1 person likes this.
  5. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Rare "formal" bal for me today. These are a little wide (should have stuck with 65 sizing rather than D->E), as evident by the completely closed lace gap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  6. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure how many readers would get the reference, but figured if anyone did it would be you. [​IMG]

7. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Dark Chili Warwicks today- MAN I love these, definitely regretting not jumping on the dark chili Cornwallis during the Nordstrom sale...:
    [​IMG]

Edit: looks like they restocked the 10.5E- mayb this means they'll restock the10.5D as well. hope springs eternal...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. mingus2112

mingus2112 Well-Known Member

So they gave me a $30 credit towards my next pair, which is really all I wanted. That (virtually) drops these down to $77. . .which is close enough to $75. There wasn't any haggling either. I just asked and he accommodated. I've yet to have a bad experience with these guys. Bad shoes? Once or twice. But every person I've dealt with has been great. My only bad experiences have been when trying on (and not buying) shoes in the regular retail locations. I understand why I get the evil eye (they work on commission), but if i've got to try on a shoe, i've got to try on a shoe. I really didn't have much of an option. At least i'm honest that i'm planning on buying from the shoebank. With an outlet open near me now, I don't have to worry about that awkwardness anymore. I've dealt with several people in there and they're happy to accommodate.

-James

9. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

Dark Chili Charles Streets are $197 on the shoebank right now, if they have your size. As discussed a few pages ago, these are basically the same as the Cornwallis, but with poron insole, combination heel, and tap sole. Opinions on the poron insole vary, but the combination heel and tap sole are generally regarded as upgrades vs the standard sole and heel on the Cornwallis.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Well-Known Member

Hey brown Odenwald wearers. I need 2 favors from you.

1. Got any pictures of them in the wild? I've been eyeing the $177 version on the Shoebank for a while and might need to pull the trigger on it.

2. How's the sizing? I'm generally between 11.5 and 12 D on AE shoes and have been buying 11.5 for boots lately (Normandy and Gobi, which I might have been able to squeeze into an 11). I've got the Darmstadt in 11.5 and the fit is pretty OK. Considering that's the same last as the Odenwald, I'm thinking 11.5. But, some of the reviews said the Odenwald ran really large, so I've been wondering about an 11.

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Still at the hospital in my McTavishs!

Happy father as of 10:15 last night. Exhausted.

19 people like this.
  12. aero25

aero25 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Only parenting advice I have for you is let the hospital nurses help as much as they offer so you and the new mother can get some rest. You'll need it! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Thanks for the rec, but I couldn't find any in my size. Ah well, this just forces me to save my money and wait for the RDA sale so I can buy the Graysons I've been wanting.

14. eagleman

Congrats! Could be a future barn weasel in the making!

2 people like this.
  15. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Just PA's today.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

Can't help with brown pics - I have the black Odenwald. But for sizing - I wear 9.5D in all my other AE's and the 9D in the Odenwald fit me best.

Chris

17. frosejr

frosejr Active Member

+1000

18. mingus2112

mingus2112 Well-Known Member

Got my new Leeds (new to me) yesterday and decided to do a group shot with my other shells (Polo). Decided to go with some contrast laces on the Leeds, which really brings out the color in them. With the original laces, they almost look black! At $95, i'm really please with these Leeds in shell!

Anyone know how to figure out how old the Polos (left) are? I bought them on ebay a couple years ago all beat up, resoled really sloppy and not listed as shell for about $20 shipped. Spent a good amount of money having Nick at B. Nelson in Manhattan clean them up, new JR double oak soles, etc and love them!

[​IMG]

-James

2 people like this.
  19. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

Sheltons (black/burg and walnut/brown) were added to the AE ebay store today at $179.

20. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.