Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Never have I paid full price on AE shoes and I certainly won't given how they have sales. Even without sales I'll try the shoebank first. Sure it may keep me out of a handful of pairs I'd like to get but I don't seem to be struggling with a shoe shortage....

2. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I really like the one I have in brogue suede , it's my casual go to belt. It was stiff to begin with, but has become soft with wear.

3. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm a little confused by this, are they phasing the color out? Even the McAllister has hit clearance now in merlot and that has been a mainstay color for a while. The others hadn't been in merlot recently. Park ave had some old merlot on the bank for while. It's an excellent color, shame to see it go.

4. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

I've acquired 10 pairs over the last year. All firsts, all new. Never paid full price on any of them.

All I'm saying is that once you go down the "almost always on sale" path, it's virtually impossible to go back. Up until the past year or so, it seemed like the RDA was their main sale, now there's some new sale every few weeks it seems. Again, I'm not complaining, it works in my favor.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I rarely pay for things at full price period.

6. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Yes. How can a men's dress shoe company not offer a burgundy/merlot wingtip? Chili will be the closest they have in the Mac unless you get a Cambridge (which is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up).

Anyway, it seems an odd call to me.

7. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Maybe they're trying to steer people to the Merlot Jefferson?

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    What to wear when the forecast is for 110 degrees? Boat shoes? Something sockless? Black shell baby. In your FACE Mother nature!

[​IMG]

9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Don't know if you guys caught this, but the shoe bank sea island in the pale tan color was adjusted to 147 to compensate for clearance. In case anyone didn't get in on the NR one.

10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Denim, natural CXL, and no-show socks on this extra hot, low key, casual Monday. I love the natty CXL on these so much that I am eyeing the Oak St.
    For @smfdoc , another example of a decent looking, at least IMO, split-toe... even though I am still not a 'super' fan of the design.

Accidentally deleted my normal shot, so I only have my daily @dapkicks pic to share:
    [​IMG]

(color is lighter and less uniform than illustrated by this pic)

11. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

It's a good thing I didn't wait because I would not have been able to use my Amex offer. I'm wearing my new Park Aves today and they feel great. A half size up from my usual size seems to work great for me with the PA. The merlot color is stunning. Might be my favorite color. I realized this morning that I don't have a matching belt, so I'm going to order a Walters St. from shoebank.

Lots of discussion about merlot being closed out. I highly doubt it's permanent. I think it's a seasonal color for them.

12. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I would have agreed with the seasonal color if they didnt also put the McAllister on clearance too. That has been available in Merlot for a while.

13. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

I realized what I wrote could be read not the way I intended. What I meant was that I highly doubt they are permanently closing out merlot. I think they will bring it back again.

14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Katmai's today.

Outside:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  15. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

Why can't it be both? A little bit of country and a little bit of rock and roll?

C&J calls theirs an Oxford/bal with a whole cut design.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.