Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

How are AE's suede belts, specifically? I have a leather belt (the Bombay, iirc) and it's a workhorse, the leather is beautiful and has held up really well.

2. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Their suede belts are great, although sometimes a slightly different shade than their shoe leather of the same color. My "bitter chocolate" suede belt is terrific, but notably lighter than my shoes of the same color.

3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I wish the made one in Loden/Olive suede. The SA in Short Hills tried to pas off a Brogue suede as a match.

With the popularity on this forum with the olive Sea Island I wonder if we could convince them of a GTMO of Olive suede belts?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

4. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Is the $50 American Express promotion still ongoing, or did that end in May?

5. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I really wanted to pick up a Maritime and 1776 today.

Unfortunately, my son just got scammed out of nearly $400 trying to help someone out. Supposedly these two guys were homeless, and the one needed cash to buy his son a birthday gift. My son is autistic, and they took advantage of him by writing him a bad check and then having my son withdraw that amount from the ATM. They even drove him to the ATM to do this.

The police have already caught the guy, and it will be a felony since my son is autistic. But the guy had already spent all the money on drugs, so my son will never get that back. At least the guy will spend some time in jail.
    My son needs the money for rent, so it looks like I'm bailing him out instead of getting the shoes I wanted.

Isn't this what Father's Day is really about though?
    As much as I wanted those shoes, being a father is more important.

Happy Father's Day, everyone!

6. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Mine said it expired after June 19th I think, so you might good if you use it today. Getting merlot Park Aves for $195 was pretty sweet.

7. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

You're a good father.

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

IMHO there should be a minimal amount of tension in the heel with shoe trees. It seems like the tendency is to have to cram the things in there, but I don't want that much pressure on the heel counter. Everyone gripes about the Woodlore Epic trees being undersized, but they fill the front of the shoe extremely well and support the vamp, so there is no reason to have any real pressure to the back of the shoe.

Net: I'd leave the heel out if there is a lot of tension there, and eventually replace the trees with something that fits better...

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Some Mora 2.0 love on this Sunday
    [​IMG]

10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Happy father's day to all you dapper dads.
    Realized I managed to wear all 3 pairs of my Kirks... today. I've been tempted to alter the color by darkening/muting, but for now these serve primarily as my house shoes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Lobster33 I was wrong buddy[​IMG]. I said the minute it hit 5am on the 20th, they'd immediately clearance out the merlot stuff at 247. Well, some is 237 and some is 245. Switching it up on me....pretty trixy.

12. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

I love a great deal, but AE is starting to get like JAB where literally no one will ever pay full price for anything. They've significantly raised their list prices (to $395 on most shoes now) over the last few years, but at the same time, the sales have gotten more frequent.

13. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

+1

Nothing keeps the weasels away better than thinking of my kids. That and they keep shed mongoose (mongeese? Mongooses?), which everyone will tell you are bigger and nastier than barn weasels, but also give better hugs.

14. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Those look great! However that isn't technically a wholecut and instead is an adelaide.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Granted, most of us are pretty intelligent deal finders, but when was the last time you purchased a pair of full priced AEs? I never have and likely never will. Now, think about how many sale shoes you've picked up...

If their goal is to sell more shoes, I think their strategy is working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.