1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

@robster35 100% agreement with backinthejox. Do me a favor, read some fit guide that someone clearly wasted their time on then ask me the questions [​IMG]

2. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

My Maritimes are the same size as my 5 lasted shoes.

@Neo1 I sent him your guide already, haha.

3. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

Considering grabbing a pair of these from Nordstrom Rack's website. What do you think of them? Are they basically Fifth Avenues?

4. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior Member

I've recently owned a pair of those. They are on the 8 last, so a little more narrow than the 5ave. Great color though... It fits a wardrobe heavy with inky blues and deep greys. Could probably do black trousers with them, too. Great shoe.:slayer:

5. Neo1

Nice [​IMG]

Hopkinson's look good - so when are you making the jump to the Cambridge [​IMG]

6. Neo1

Why does the Katmai never get any love?

7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

There is a pair in my size on eBay for $160ish.

9. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Search by store and last (on front page) on Shoebank!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

10. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

11. Neo1

What in the world are you waiting for?

12. Neo1

You mean that weird mysterious guy came through for us after we flooded him with reqests?

13. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Glad they listen to their customers. Now if they'd only eliminate the new piping on the Carlyle...

14. Neo1

I wanted to apologize - wasn't trying to be a jerk. This is my personal opinion - you know how lots of members are super against the 333 because of the squared off front? The comparisons drawn to cheap department store junk? I actually tried a Kenwood - it fit me very well too - something about the shape worked better for high instep than most of the other loafers. I just couldn't get past the fact that it looked like a bass loafer, like something you could get at an outlet for sub 30 dollars. I picked up a Maxfield, Rye and Concord Ave, none of which fit as good as the Kenwood but they just looked dressier. I finally "compromised" and picked up one of the older Sanibels (which does in fact fit like the Kenwood) since they switched over to the 555 for the new ones. Guess what? First comments I received were, "wow, usually your shoes are much nicer, did you switch to payless?". So if you like the Kenwood, go for em, they are good shoes. If I could get a pair of the grain BB version at a really cheap price I'd probably do it, otherwise I decided to pass.

I would NOT recommend jumping over to the Presidio - that's probably one of the narrowest shoes I've ever tried. Absolute glove fit for me, but I'm a C width and wearing a D if that gives you any indication. Good consolation prize for the McGraw not working out (which was the better shoe anyway).

15. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

In my opinion, the 333 was unfairly criticized. Side-by-side with the 65, I think it looks pretty decent. It's a different look, but isn't that why we have more than one pair of shoes?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.