1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

So far a little disappointed with the sale shoes in my size. Was hopefully of a nice cordovan pair but loafers and black macneils were my only options.

Is this sale replacing the July one I had read about?

2. Kkoa12h

Kkoa12h Active Member

My first post. :)

I just received this picture from my "Shoe Dealer." I don't have them in my possession yet but I will take more pictures when I do.

[​IMG]

3. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

Looking good! I'm waiting for them to touch up my strands but they looked great in hand (the color that is).
    I believe this is the tent sale that was referred to earlier yes. I was hoping to snag some BB shoes but they don't have any except some loafers that do not fit my tastes. I did however manage to land some brown Shell Strands in my size which according to the SA should be firsts so I'm pleased with that. I somehow skipped the walnut strand going with midnight navy and then to shell. Perhaps I'll return one day to snag them in walnut.... or maybe the Bartlett will get the nod at that point.

4. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Only problem with my MTO Fifth Streets - I asked for red lining instead of Indy. Bleeds on my socks. also with the University (orange lining), but not as noticeable. Thankfully, no one sees that part of my socks. So meh. Lesson learned, regular or Indy lining > fancy color.

But instead of taking off your socks, just leave the shoes on when you get home! Or wear house slippers. #doyouevenslipperbro

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

5. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

I was really hoping for brown strands myself I have them in calf however the recent posts had me sold.

Curious however as to the opinions on burgundy shell dalton. It's the only shell shoe I liked in my size, we'll a slight size change however it would work. I haven't seen that in person does anyone have any real pics or opinions of the burgundy dalton? How does it compare to the oxblood?

6. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

7. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to oxblood calf in terms of color. I love the pics I've seen of them and was curious if it had a similar hue. I would love to see fellow members real lighting pictures of the shell dalton. I would like to make the jump however don't want to do it blind.

Thanks

8. gm928

gm928 Senior Member

Here is a link to an old post on the forum showing an oxblood calf Dalton next to a burgundy shell Dundee.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/...eviews-pictures-sizing-etc/58230#post_7812551

9. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

10. mosy

mosy Distinguished Member

Chili Chursday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

Just ordered some Concord Aves in Tan Saddle from Shoebank- $67. Can't argue with that...

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Haha loving the hash tag usage in this thread. So I was about to buy the Bartlett (only a matter of time) and I got to thinking why only buy one pair when you can buy two? Strandmok (brown don't own)...Bartlett (walnut will own)...Strand (oxblood own)...Strand (suede own) redundant? #doyouevenbarnweaselbro

13. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

Thats what worries me, the oxblood look great the burgundy looks bland. Not to say it's bad but is it worth $100 up charge versus the oxblood calf which appears better?

I know the quality of Shell is supposed to be amazing but I don't want to settle since it's still $400.

14. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

Interested in hearing the forum's thoughts on something: I own a pair of brown McGraws, which I mainly wear with sportcoats or slacks and sweaters. If I want to add a second pair of loafers for more casual wear, which color would be more versatile: tan, or burgundy? The Kenwood's lasts fits my foot well, and the tan saddle ($169) and burgundy shell ($300) are both priced very reasonable right now.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

The Kenwood is taunting me as well. I personally really like the look of tan, but I don't think you can go wrong with either. The McGraws are very dark, aren't they? Tan is definitely more casual than burg and could be a nice compliment to the dark brown..

hhmmmm... but shell......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.