Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Like an idiot I forgot to bring my phone!! The AE outlet is still barren of smalls. Barely able to find anything in 8's, but it gets better once you hit the 9's. This time I checked the Nordstrom Rack for below 7.5's. They actually had a decent amount percentage wise. One of the Harrisons was in that group, if I recall correctly a 6E or 7E. There was also a Neumora in that group (6E I think), and one of those chocolate suede 5th Ave. (6EEE??), and a snuff (they use a different name, but a med brown none the less) Mojave 2.0, 7.5D (that one I'm sure of). A Detroit Tigers white boat shoe (not the Fastball, but exactly like it except the Tigers logo was embroidered not stamped, I think it was called the 'Ballpark') 5.5E??. Quite a few random loafers in other sizes (a Kenwood, some Nashua, South Shore etc). Nothing was blow your mind cheap, but you know typical Rack pricing thats not clearance ($150 to $197). The Harrisons were like $297 or something, which means they're going to bang around there for a longtime and get all beat to hell. When I go to pick up my MB Strands, I'm going to photograph EVERYTHING. My bad @Neo1 .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

2. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What the hek..it is Wednesday after all!

Last Wednesday at office w/ vintage Bucherer.

[​IMG]

Today, my Walnut 5th aves were found basking in the sun on 23rd and Fifth across from the Flatiron Bldg.

3. bishopcraiga

bishopcraiga Well-Known Member

Barn weasel answer, both. Honest answer from a man on a budget, get the McT's. The Warwicks will be around for awhile but the McTavish are a rare bird so if they are available in your size snatch 'em up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. bishopcraiga

bishopcraiga Well-Known Member

Removed duplicate post

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I missed on a brand new pair of these on eBay for $34. I bid $33, it said I was the leading bid at the last second, but I wasn't? Fuck.

6. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Some interesting shoes I've found on Ebay in my size or close to my size.

Strandmok - navy blue suede. Tried the 65 last over the weekend and realized I cannot wear it in this style in my usual size. If this was 1/2 size larger, I might consider it.

[​IMG]

A really nice cap toe that is discontinued (Niles). 8 D is my usual size, so I'm not sure if 8.5 C would work. Might be too tight.

[​IMG]

7. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Bourbon Daltons.
    [​IMG]

8. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ace13x Don't worry about the pics at all - appreciate your taking the time to even look. I know you mentioned this NR having more than typical so I figured I would ask. I have a couple local stores around - 2 have absolutely nothing. 1 used to have a handful of random stuff and now also has nothing. Last one had - sporadic Madison aves & 6th aves in black & brown, Madison was 197, the other was like 140 I think? One garner on clearance for 160. Couple black nashuas (for people keeping track, they pulled a sea island on these and switched manufacturing to DR for newer ones), all the suede players are gone. I used to see the occasional black LaSalle at sub 140 but they disappeared too. No Mojave - that was the last thing I saw at bcf - 140 (1sts).

9. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

You got sniped.

Someone decided they wanted these maybe for "UP TO" $50" but got them for $34.
    as a sniper, you never expose intention to bid until the last second, so no one can respond to your interest and strengthen their bid.

It is the frugal way to bay.

If that bidder had bid earlier on eBay, the $50 bid would be yours to nibble at, either raising the amount that sniper would pay, or, losing the sale altogether to you.
    Instead, a stealth bid steals those for a song.

I use auctionsniper.com for 100% of eBay auction purchases. (not including those that accept offers) There are many similar sites and I have not compared in years, been happy w auctionsniper.

This has come up before, and not everyone agrees (particularly those who have not sniped) but, if you try it for a few purchases, you will see that sniping (on average) reduces your costs on eBay auctions.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

10. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

This tent sale is killing me. There are two shoes that I've been wanting to try, both on sale.
    I have spent way too much money lately though, and really can't do it.
    But there they are, just taunting me.

11. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Maybe just one pair would be a good compromise....

12. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

I have never used a sniping service, but I do wait to bid until the last few hours and then put in my max bid, not the minimum necessary to be ahead. Then I wander away and forget about it. I just can't get behind paying fees for someone to bid on my behalf.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Do you even snipe, bro?

Yes I do, but only manually... to keep it fair. [​IMG]

14. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

"Fair" means following eBay's rules. Paying more does not make buying on eBay more fair.

It's like playing baseball with a tiny mitt and saying you are preserving tradition.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Dude. Do you have an Indy line shoe? You'll be wishing every day was Wednesday #DYEWB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.