Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I have a hard time buying strands from shoebank given the sales I've seen them go on for firsts. I would rather spend $20 more for firsts than potentially deal with the restock headache of 2nds. Aside from the shell savings I can't pull trigger on walnut strands... They just had all the BB shoes at $150 and now they are back down to $150 again. Maybe seeing so many sales on top of each other is exactly what I needed in order to realize there isn't any urgency in buying mainstay lines. For now the Angel on my shoulder is winning, that barn weasel devil will surely find its way out sooner or later....

[​IMG]

2. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

Really digging that they expanded the Shoebank search selection to display 36 shoes now, instead of 18. I get the need to limit display results, but always felt that 18 was too few for one page, given the fact that you could lose 5 or 6 of those to just one shoe in different colors.

Trying to resist a couple of those sweet bargains out there. I'm not a monk strap guy, for the most part, but those BB Warwicks in Dark Chili for $149 are kind of sexy.

3. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

All the shell on SB is $399 - Strands, Leeds, Macneils, etc. Damn.

4. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Do it, I took the plunge on them a few months ago and have enjoyed them since.
    I called the store that had shell strands in my size hoping they had a major defect so that I wouldn't feel bad not buying them. Sales associate said he had no idea why they were listed as seconds and that they didn't belong there. I had no choice but to purchase them....the struggle....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  5. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I just got out of a bad relationship and spend all last weekend moving out into a new apartment. Hopefully these brown shell Strands and burgundy shell Dundees that I just ordered will make me feel better. Thanks for bringing the tent sale to my attention you Filthy Barn Weasels.

6. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

There's few things better than leaving a bad relationship and getting new AE shoes.

I'm not highly interested in anything in this sale, but they do have a Linen Carlyle for $149. Not sure I would wear it a lot though.

7. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Didn't like due to the break up (although if it was a bad relationship maybe I am liking it due to that?), but the shell pick ups. Can't wait to see pics of those bad boys.

For me, must...resist...walnut...Bartlett. Is a walnut McCalister and Bartlett too redundant? (Of course the answer is no, and I'd be crazy to think anyone in this forum would suggest otherwise)

8. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior member

OK.

Yes, they are too redundant.

Don't do it ???

9. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I think the same thing when I see them. I like them, I just don't think I'd wear them.

I've got my eye on those Brooks Warwicks. I've seen them in person and the patina is more dramatic than the picture there, in a good way. I don't own any monkey straps, but some folks here and elsewhere have told me they're a good addition.

And, I have a $100 AE gift card to use up... So Warwicks? Or maybe dark brown Bartlett or Merlot Jefferson?

10. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

That did it, that's all I needed to not buy anything "today." *checks how long sale will be going on for* [​IMG]

11. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Redundant, absolutely, that doesn't mean Walnut McAllisters don't still look good.... If you have walnut strands then don't get a Bartlett but if not....

12. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Moose22Moose! What's up - listen, if the Bartlett works, definitely go for that. Not to mention the Warwick isn't what you think, it's a little weird compared to other 201 stuff.

I looked at the linen Carlyle up close in maine. It looks nice but like you guys I don't know how id wear it. Ben actually owns one even though I've never seen him in anything but Daltons.

Then again smfdoc rocks his baton rouge pretty well....

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Oxblood Strands and Walnut McAllisters so far. Lord knows what my future holds. That merlot Jefferson 2.0 looks tasty too

14. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Walnut Wednesday! I haven't broken the Strands out in a while and jumped at the opportunity to wear them today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope everyone's week is going well, as always.

15. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Merlot Jefferson 2.0 does look good but for $245 the Merlot McAllister firsts............ Its not a matter of should you get one, its which one will you get.... to pair with the Bartlett... Too far? haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.