Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Trying on my oxblood dainite Strands. It may take a while to get accustomed to 13 EEE. I like these so much, but part of me wants to take advantage of the Merlot promotion while it's still ongoing, on the grounds that it might go better with dark business suits than oxblood. Then again, perhaps I just need to learn to leave well-enough alone.

[​IMG]

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Those are world-class...

3. FinanceIS

FinanceIS Member

Hey all, brown Cornwallis finally came in (again) after the back order. At least this pair's flaws aren't too noticeable... But:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The left edge of the right shoe protrudes and is definitely "Chewed" up a little. Also the brouging is very slightly off - which doesn't bother me. I'm flustered with the edge for sure. Am I being a baby or are these worthy of another exchange?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

4. polishrifle

polishrifle Well-Known Member

In regards to the midnight navy run, have most received their shoes or at least shipping confirmation? Sadly I've received neither and patience is not a virtue I possess.

5. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

@ACE13X thank you for looking out on eBay for the shell daltons. My wife was hesitant of keeping them but she is coming around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

6. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I want this shoe.

Except in a 201 last so it fits. But, still, in shell this is one of those perfect shoe designs.

7. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

They are your shoes, but I think you are finding things that, while there, will never be noticed by any other person. I find the level of delay and frustration from multiple returns to not be worth the effort for such a issue. But that's me and I didn't spend the money.

8. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

That's not a flaw. Even if it is, nobody on earth will notice. The first time you slightly miss a step or kick the curb getting out of your car you'll leave a scratch on the edge of the sole that's worse. Then you'll just touch it with some dressing and go about your life like the rest of us.

Trust me, you are likely to get much worse back if you send those in. That game can go on forever. I say suck it up and never tell anyone. They won't ever notice it, and your secret is safe with us.

9. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

Mine were slated to be delivered to retail location ( I like the sense of occasion to pick up and try on there) this week but are now looking more like next week. Not shipped for sure! I did officially order on the last day though.

10. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

Agree, from this pic I don't think I would even be mad about that. I can't really tell what the issue is. AEs tend to lack attention to detail in edge of welt finishing in my experience any way so I wouldn't sweat. But they yo shoes bruh.

11. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Senior member

If that is all that is wrong with that pair, I wouldn't worry about it. I might be disappointed, but odds are you're not going to get a perfect pair no matter how many times you exchange.

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I did the same, except ordered 1 or 2 days before the last day, and to my outlet location which I prefer over my retail location. No news yet for me. The one drawback is I'll likely walk out with 2 pairs of shoes when I pick them up, possibly 3.

13. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior member

Mine are arriving today. Definitely less than four weeks from order date.

14. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Some kind of unannounced big sale on seconds seems to be starting. Prices on almost everything in the Shoebank just dropped. Shell seconds are all listed at $399 now, down from $529, along with lots of other discounts.

15. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm guessing the tent sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.