• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday, gents! Amok (234 last) and denim today.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Casual Fenways for a Monday.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't wear these with a blue suit, but I had to try out my new Cornwallis, and I wanted to break them in on carpet in the office:

Also, I think "Midnight Monday" should be a thing...

Last edited:

Middlife

Reaction score
I normally wouldn't wear these with a blue suit, but I had to try out my new Cornwallis, and I wanted to break them in on carpet in the office:
The suspense is killing me!

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on these Saratogas. I love the look, the fit... not so much. I feel like if I go any wider than my brannock (12 B), I'll have terrible heel slip, but as it is the 12 B really cramps my pinky toes. The toe box is too tapered on the 73 last. I guess I'd need a 12C and possibly tongue pads or try and 12.5 B, which they don't really make many shoes in. I'll try the stretcher, too.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Sea Island loafters that are the USA version from Nordstrom Rack. I tried what the associated suggested and went with 9EEE but I had too much heel slip. Ordered a pair of 8.5EEE and hopefully they solve this problem without become too short. Otherwise I'll be force to put some kind of pad in the shoe and I'm not sure I want to do that with such a comfortable suede....

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got home to find my MiUsA Sea Islands waiting for me. Man, these are tight but fit TTS with a shoe horn, a little wiggling and no socks. Sorry for the legs.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Want these in black shell with a lug sole.

Also, Jeffersons today for meeting with the Grand High Muckety-Mucks:

Well they are supposed to be returning. Sometime this year I believe. Save your pennies kiddies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look nice. Bayfields?

Yes, but the insoles are not marked. I think the were either a webgem or retailer exclusive (Lands End???), because I didn't see them in the catalogs. Model # is 5071.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads