Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

If you like them, then rock them.

In the words of Richard Feynman, "What do you care what other people think!"

[​IMG]

2. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

No news on my MB Strands. I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@RichieP [​IMG] That was definitely what got me to avoid the Kirkwood for a while. To be a little different I went with green, should have done red.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Count de Monet That's what I meant, sorry. Nothing particularly wrong with the black hills - when I wear them for really long periods they start to feel a touch loose and they eventually make my leg muscles get tired. The Kiowa was the opposite - as a balmoral, the instep fit was so tight they don't have a prayer of slipping. The Big Sur is awesome - they feel hard as a rock and the support they provide is excellent. The Aberdeen & San Marco I like just because the fit is so spot on - I've worn them both for super long periods with no trouble. So it's easy to understand why when the le marche showed up last year, it was an easy decision to return.

5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

6. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Mine come in today, though it may be tomorrow before I can get pics posted

7. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Merlot McAllisters came in last night. I'll try and get pics up later showing them next to my Oxblood and Dark Chili Strands. In a nutshell - the burnished parts of the Oxblood look identical to the Merlot, can't tell them apart, but the unburnished parts of the Oxblood are lighter and more red.

8. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm the same except with 9E 9D. I've looking to make a dundee purchase, so far only gone as far as trying them on in store.

9. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    After giving it more thought, I think the catalog picture was trying to show all soles used in the production of all AE shoes at the time. Some of those are still being used. The recraft list is significantly reduced in choices. But some, like the butyl sole, is certainly used in shoes that can be recrafted and yet it is not an option. This also helps explain why AE will not allow us to request the dovetail heel in a recraft unless it came with the shoe originally.

10. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Definitely return that. Truthfully their QC has become somewhat of a joke. I'm having the exact same problem you are. I just received my 4th pair of those Merlot McAllisters from the May sale and all they did was send me back the ones I just sent them. I've had about enough of it and am going to wave the white flag I think. Its completely insane that if I return them (which why wouldn't I since nothing was fixed) I would be waiting for them to send me a 5th pair. I am starting to think robots make and package these shoes (sarcasm).

11. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    This weekend is the 148th annual running of the Belmont Stakes horse race, the third race of the Triple Crown. To honor this event I broke out my black shark skin Belmonts. They are tough as nails. AE offered them in black and chili shark only in the 2002 catalog, which makes them one of my oldest pairs. The Belmont style in calf was discontinued in 2007.

[​IMG]

12. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

[​IMG]

Strandmoks first run at the office. The tan laces are so much better than the red for work. Glad I switched them out. I'm already pushing the loud factor with green pants today so red laces would make me goonish.

13. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Anyone who likes Brooks Brothers version of AE shoes the semi annual BB sale is going on and has a good number of AE shoes on sale.

14. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

An interesting option for those who, like Lobster 33, have all sorts of color variations in their $400.00 Allen-Edmonds shoes might be to imagine that their shoes are $1500.00 Museum Calf shoes from other shoe manufacturers rather than $400.00 shoes from Allen-Edmonds.

People (even people who work in shops that sell $1500.00 shoes) sometime think that my Allen-Edmonds shoes are $1500.00 shoes.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/383441/museum-calf-appreciation-thread

15. Captm2016

Captm2016 Member

Got my Merlot Mcallisters. Just a beautiful color and I think it works perfectly with the Mcallister. I also like the Mcallister in general a lot more than the strand now actually having pairs of both, even though from looking at the pictures I always liked the strand better. This may be blasphemy, but the strands are my least favorite out of the Oxford models I have (I like Cornwallis, 5A, Mcallister, PA, Strand in that order). I still love them, don't get me wrong, but they just happen my least favorite out of those 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.