1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I've been playing tag like some of you with shoes from sale back in May which had McAllisters at $295. Without checking all emails exchanged I believe this will be the 4th pair I've received. I just received back the shoes I sent them same condition. So essentially waited 2 weeks+ to receive the pair I had just sent back. How does this happen. I'm pretty over this and at this point I feel like I'm stuck in a position of just give up and keep the pair or return and say forget it.

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

I wouldn't be surprised if my Black Hills have Dublin. It is definitely similar to my son's Dublin Long Branch GMTO's. @#$%, I wish I'd gotten a pair, too.

Anyway, sort of a moot point since the Black Hills got the axe but it is/was a great casual shoe. Sort of my Fall/winter version of my Clark Streets. Plugs a similar hole on the formality scale.

3. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Quite the coincidence I found a pair of the Black Hills in grey at a BCF today. But the eyelets on the left shoe were misaligned by about 1.5 eyelets worth, and they were a full size to big for me. $50.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

4. Flytrout

Flytrout Active Member

It's been a long time since I last posted. I have been looking at picking up some Chukka's for casual denim/chino wear, probably paired with a polo or button down. I am considering the brown grain Dundee but am curious what they look like in the wild. Do any of you have some pics you could post?

Also, what is sizing like on the Dundee's? My 10D bals (Strands and McCallisters) fit great. However, my 10D McGregors are a little loose.

5. RichieP

RichieP Senior Member

Found my post from the old thread for you:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/...eviews-pictures-sizing-etc/65730#post_8145007

Went with my 65 last size, likewise a 10D. My Mcgregors are a little loose also, but I chalked that up to them being suede.

6. SuperHiro

SuperHiro Member

I got chili McGregors with a dainite sole in my usual 5 last size and they're a bit roomy too compared to my PA's and McA's.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

7. DapperDriver

DapperDriver Well-Known Member

I have six pairs on the 5 last; FA, Strand, McCallister, Fairfax, Kenilworth, and McGregor. The McGregors have the roomiest toe box of all of them, easily.

8. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

You can see how i messed up the color. Need to resolve this soon.[​IMG]

9. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

[​IMG]

Question. Do you guys think these Allen Edmonds penny loafers would look good on a young man in his mid twenties? Or do you think they look best on older men? Thanks!

10. ace13x

They would look great on anyone. The real question is "how would he feel wearing them?"

Example: I've seen many wonderful examples of monk straps on StyleForum, but I don't wear them because, to me, in my mind, they just don't fit my style. I wouldn't feel comfortable, mentally, wearing them.

11. ace13x

The 511 last is definitely more generous in the ball of the foot than the 65, though some find they are not happy with the length compared to their 65's in the same size. The same length is fine for me. I size 8E in 65 balmorals, and comfortably wear 8D in my Dundees. I can go either size in the Dalton, but prefer the 8E because I like to wear them with fairly thick boot socks. My bannock is 8.5 in length, and I straddle the D/E line.

Hope that helps.

12. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

@Flytrout Long time. 65 bluchers fit loose on me also. 65 balmorals pretty snug. Dundee (same size) was good up front but had lots of heel slip. Maybe doable with thick socks & tying really tight but didn't want to chance it. Damn good looking though.

13. RichieP

RichieP Senior Member

Maritimes arrives today. I'm boned! [​IMG]

We have another winner! These feel great barefoot and with the no-show socks I picked up from NR. While I thought they were thin enough, the white cotton ankle socks I wore to the store really affected the fit. The 555 is still less length than 65-last in the same size (10D), but I fit quite decently in these. And even though not as lightweight smooth as the Sea Island suede, the outer texture on these are very nice.

Looks like I'm set for summer! (except to petition Paul to bring back the Fastball on the 555 last instead)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Neo1

I think the black hills was my first foray into my obsession with the mini lug (not counting the Lucca). After that came the Kiowa, San Marco, Big Sur, Aberdeen & Overlord, all of which I find infinitely better.

15. Neo1

@RichieP Looking good buddy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.