Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

You think this will be representative of the MTO program? Im curious if anything aside from standard width has been shipped. I'm not sure how much I'd stray from what is typically offered on their current models. Maybe natural edge rather than the black edge but I haven't found myself wanting much else though I know others have. My biggest request is not something they will do unless I order shell which is still not something I want to dive into yet. I'd like a burgundy shell cornwallis someday though.

2. Mcbeck

Mcbeck Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

3. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

[​IMG]

Bwahaha! Found it! You may have been the first one to ever hashtag that on twitter. Gonna be internet famous!

4. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

LOL. You seriously overestimate my follower. Yes, that is singular.

5. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

6. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I don't recall the differences between the Badlands and the Black Hills but they are quite similar. I have the latter in walnut and it is a great general purpose casual shoe.

7. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

I think the only real difference is the sole. Black Hills has a better Toby mini-lug rubber sole vs. the Badlands which has a softer Othello.

8. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Someone actually asked AE customer service this exact question. This was the answer:

"While the Badlands and the Black Hills are similar in style and fit, since they are both constructed on the same 5-Last (65), they each have a couple of unique characteristics. The Badlands is constructed using Outland leather which has a waxy finish, and contrast stitching. It also features our Othello rubber sole which is a softer lug sole that provides more shock absorption. The Black Hills style is constructed using Dublin Leather which has a burnished-like finish and it features the Toby mini-lug rubber sole which has the strength of a hiking sole with less heft."

9. OmBom

OmBom Member

I received an e-mail saying mine have shipped and will arrive Monday. My order was placed just after midnight CT May 22.

10. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Bone Snuff Suede Maritimes and Golden Brown Kirkwoods have shipped and should arrive tomorrow. Finally breaking into the summer time footwear!

11. matwa

matwa Senior member

Hmmmm - I have a pair of Black Hills and they do have mini-lug sole. They are made with waxy leather, though.
    I really like the mini-lug and it certainly gives off less of an "old man" vibe than the Othello.
    ;->

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Haha legit the only use of that hash tag. Love it. @MattRiv we need to step our social media presence up a notch...

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Ha, I rarely post fashion shots on my social media, although I should probably be doing more. I usually only talk about shoes with you fine gents or the select few guys I know that wear quality footware. #DYEWB?

14. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    The Fulton looks fairly similar to the current model, the Badlands Comfort shoe ... http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/casual-shoes/badlands-comfort-shoes/SF1005.html (though it's more of a whole cut style).

[​IMG]

Anyone have any experience with the Badlands? I was thinking about getting a brown casual shoe.
    The biggest difference for me between the two shoes is the leather. The Badlands leather is "fancier" and will accept polish for scuffs, etc. The saddlehorn leather in the Fulton feels thicker, does not accept polish and is more "rugged" in feel and appearance. As I previously mentioned, its like a broken in baseball glove or saddle.

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I hope your right about he MTO program, then again they weren't reinventing the wheel Strand. I'm hoping that as the MTO matures they may consider a GMTO from SF in something a little more outside the box. God! I hate that expression.

What is hype can never die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.