Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Done.

[​IMG]

2. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the new Blue Strand in the wild yesterday while at lunch. They look blue in the sunlight (or a blue/black), but under the office lights of my office they almost look black.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

3. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Low to mid 90s and humid - summer is here. So it's time for the Strawfuts
    [​IMG]

4. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Don't own them, but I like them. Actually, I like all four of them and just haven't pulled the trigger on any because I already have a Boone, Maritime, Strawfut, and a Sea Island on the way for summer shoes. If I get any more the all year shoes won't get enough wears during the summer.

5. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Wearing some Chesters I found on the bay for $25. Needed some TLC but looking pretty good now.
    [​IMG]

6. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Boot week continues. What a horrible week to choose for it too. Been 95+ degrees every day this week. Should have made it boat shoe week instead...
    [​IMG]

7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Busy day, and quick trip to SF and back - wearing the McT Mistake Tagnacs (Cognacs that are actually an antiqued tan) in UA First today (no pix because too dark and don't want to freak out the guy in the next seat...)

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Its "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today's style is the Fulton. The Fulton is another plain toe blucher with an Othello sole. Discontinued in February 2007, it is made of "Saddlehorn leather that looks and feels like a baseball glove. Leather lotion is the only care product to remove scuff and uniform the color. The Fulton is past of the Comfort Series that also included the Mapleton and both feature contrast stitching and a reverse stitch storm welt. With a padded insole, it is a rugged and comfortable casual shoe. They are occasionally seen on Ebay and a really good condition version will be around $60.

[​IMG]

Its partner, the Mapleton.

[​IMG]

9. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I keep commenting on these, but they look absolutely incredible- AE hit a home run with midnight navy. Mine are supposed to come in tomorrow, which means I'll definitely be wearing them Monday.

10. Gutter736

Gutter736 Member

Good point on the last difference. I think I am going to keep these. As I wear them around the office a bit more, I can't help but notice the comfort. The complements on their looks help too. I do want to purchase another pair of boots, but I think I need to avoid another wing tip. As many of you, I have A LOT of wing tips. I'm thinking maybe a dark brown cap toe boot. I have the Frieburgs in tan, and have considered them in the russet color because I love the way they fit but I have seen some bad experience with those boots in the russet (poor leather quality-loose grain etc). I suppose at just over $100 it would be worth a shot.

11. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I use Bick 4 to condition and then polish. If I want a slightly darker shade, I add a bit of black polish on top of the walnut.

Why not just get toe taps installed?

12. Gutter736

Gutter736 Member

13. SuperHiro

SuperHiro Member

Got my notice that my Navy Strands have shipped out. They'll be here Tuesday.

GET HYPE

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Strandbowl friggen CONFIRMED!

What is hype can never die.

Btw, does it seem to anyone else that these blue shoes got turned around incredibly quickly? And with seemingly excellent results from what I've seen.

If this is the maiden run for AE's revamped MTO program, then I'm impressed.

15. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I've noticed that no one has gotten blue Cornwallises yet . . . it will be interesting to see the first pair of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.