Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

They don't look similar to me really. In fact your DkC looks much more brown than what I have, but that is probably due to them being side by side with a much redder tone. In terms of you wanting to invest in more diversity then that is a personal preference. If you won't wear them then no ones opinion matters. For what it's worth the ox looks well done.

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Red vs. Brown tones are different enough for me.

But I have six or more longwings...

3. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

IIRC, it goes till June 16th or 18th. Something close to that.

4. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

F yeah, Mat! Those are nice! Unspoilered on purpose. :slayer:

5. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

I shopped Martimes and Kirkwoods on Saturday and wrote a long-ass post about it:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/518090/...ng-accessories-clothing-etc/6555#post_8461962

The 555 definitely runs shorter. I have significant space in front on my big toe with the 65-last, and there was almost none in the same size (10D) on the 555. There is also lasting variation within the same size. One Maritime was no go very tight, and the other fit comfortably. I'll buy any 65 shoe sight unseen and know it will fit me. Wouldn't do that on a 555. You'll still have to try on for yourself, IMO.

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I probably wouldn't own the Strand in two similar colors like that. Do you have a McAllister or Fifth Ave that you could get instead? Even a Park Ave would look great in merlot.

7. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

No worries man -- I appreciate everyone's honesty. I don't want people to sugar-coat anything, especially when talking about walking on sharp objects. I'm getting a very clear picture that I should not buy any AE boots with the intention of walking on sharp objects.

Look what arrived 1 day early -- my Leeds 2.0. :D Wore my 1.0 today and then was very pleased to see these are near flawless 1sts for half price. This is the only pair I have with the newer piping, but for this shoe, I don't mind too much. Most importantly, it fits the same as my 1.0.

Leeds 2.0:

[​IMG]

My 1.0's I wore today:

[​IMG]

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I wanted to wear my Normandy's (they're so comfortable, actually would be nice to wear those just about any day), but I couldn't. [​IMG]

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

10. The Equestrian

The Equestrian Member

I was hoping to get your all's opinion. I am a relatively new attorney and have just recently started an AE Collection with a pair of Black Park Avenues. I was hoping to take advantage of the merlot sale and was wondering which you would recommend in that color. I do wear suits most days, so formality is somewhat of a concern.

11. columnsofsteam

columnsofsteam Active Member

I think most guys keep the same size between the two lasts, and in my experience, the 201 is very similar to the 65. My First Avenues are the same size as my assorted 65 last styles, and they fit almost identically. I definitely couldn't have adjusted my size at all.

Since you're in a suit most days, I'd probably go with the Fifth Avenue; functionally, it's going to be very similar to the Parks you have, but since you're in an industry where conservative dress is the norm, I think you'll get a fair amount of use out of both. That said, if you see yourself wearing sportcoats more often in the future (or if you just don't mind bending the rules a little), you could opt for the Strand instead.

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I second both of the above.

201/65 I would certainly start with your 65 size and go from there.

As for suits, I think the 5th Ave is a fine choice. Less formal than a PA, but not so much so that the vast majority of people will pay it any mind.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Thanks for the assistance on 5-65 v 201.

And on the second question - any big sales in the near future which will probably include the First Avenue?

It really pains me to buy them at full retail, and shoebank has never had my size in stock

I kind of thought they might go on sale going into the US summer, but that hasn't transpired.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Isn't there one going on right now? The merlot color 5th ave is on sale for 245:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  15. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I'm looking for the First Avenue :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.