1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Thanks. But I think the Shoe Bank can examine the shoe and explain to me why they're seconds right?

1 person likes this.
  2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:They can and do, though their eye tends to be a little less discerning and detailed than mine. Ask some questions, but if McT's are still selling around $130, it is a great risk IMHO...

3. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Nice! They look great. Thanks for the pics and nice collection btw

4. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

$137 to be exact lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  5. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Wore my Patriots today too :nodding:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Markus N

Markus N Member

Daltons in a cold Swedish setting.
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

What is up with AE QC? I would return that. Or, at least ask for seconds pricing on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 people like this.
  8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

What can I say, I love oxblood :(

2 people like this.
  9. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

It's a little hard to say; since most of my 65-last shoes are bals. I do have the Lexington, and I'd say the Boone fits similar through the waist but has more room in the toe box, as you suggest. It isn't a tremendous amount of room, I don't feel like I'm swimming in them, but they don't pinch the top of my feet where they crease like the Lexingtons sometimes do.

Not sure that's helpful; for what it's worth, they're an absolute steal at $139. For they'd drop the price on the brown or navy a bit more (say $195), I'd find it very difficult not to pick up another pair. The sole is incredibly comfortable, and the suede is pretty nice.

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    If the ball did that to your foot, I would hate to see what your shin looks like. Its time for ice and Advil.

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

That's the weird thing. Only thing on my shin was a faint circle where it hit. No bruising or swelling. In my non doctor mind, the stuff on my foot should have been what my shin looked like

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Gravity is an MFer...

1 person likes this.
  13. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Suede Saturday Maiden voyage with the bone snuff Maritimes. These run slightly narrow compared the 65 last. Since they don't have the EE width available, I was able to go with a EEE and still have a good fit when pulling the laces tight. I love the material and have received several compliments already. Pretty solid for $117 IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Just called the Shoe Bank and turns out that the McTavish in the cognac brown color is sold out in my size even though the ShoeBank still says they do have it in stock. What a disappointment.

15. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

You can't beat gravity, only hope to contain it

16. bobbler

bobbler Member

If they're the 13Bs, I called them about those during the sale last month and got the same answer, so it might make you feel better to know that you're not the first and probably not the last to feel that same disappointment.

17. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

I just get my hopes up for nothing but oh well. I think they have the khaki color McTavish but that one doesn't catch my attention as much.

18. bobbler

bobbler Member

Anyway, hi all, my name's Bob. I'm from Pittsburgh and have a small but growing AE collection. I've been reading this thread for a couple months and signed up to show off the Strands that showed up today and became both my newest and oldest pair.

These are model 6175 burgundy aniline calf, and going off the catalogs on issuu (https://issuu.com/allenedmonds), it looks like they were available in this color from fall 1983 through spring 1986. Other colors of the Strand were available until 1991. The condition's pretty pretty good, even though they are stamped on the bottom with FR for factory reject.

All I did so far is straight lace them and wear them around the house for ten minutes. These are 13D and I thought maybe I could get away with it, but they are definitely too wide for me. I could probably topy them and wear them with wool socks in the slush this winter, but I have a pair of Clark Streets that are way more suited for that and I think its probably a crime in most states to treat shoes this nice as mudders. Tonight I'll get some conditioner on them and think about what I should do with them.

The main difference I can see between these and new Strands is the fancy pieces from the front and back come way closer together on the sides. I don't have any new Strands to compare them to so there may be more differences that I haven't noticed yet. As far as what made them factory rejects, I'm pretty sure it's because they are pinched kind of funny around the heel seam. It does make me feel a little silly playing the "why's it a second?" game with a pair of 30 year old shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Now for something different. AE appreciation artwork. Walnut Shreveports.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

I'm sorry, don't want to rain on the parade, but those REALLY look too wide around the ankles especially [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.