• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in Allendale so I'm sure I'll be stopping by frequently.

First foray into this world was at Short Hills AE (directly across from Ferragamo - great shoes btw).

A friend recommended the Strand. Threw them on and was instantly hooked.

My Cole Haans have been immediately relegated to beater status.

Thats where I got my first pair also. I don't remember the SA's name, but she was an older blonde lady. She was very helpful. My Coles are now my funeral shoes, inevitably, it rains the day before a burial, and the cemeteries are mud bogs.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, guys. The chili looked great for the whole half-hour that she wanted to stay at the dance. On a side note, there were about 4 dads there that didn't look like high-school kids or wannabe Regis Philbins.

Sounds awkward.

Uncle

Reaction score
A tangential question.

What do you use to care for your Bourbon Strands? Mine are only 1-2 yrs old and can't hold a candle next to yours!

btw: am glad the suit dilemma was resolved to everyone's satisfaction including your daughter's and the Strands!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So.... Found out my foot is actually an 12 B instead of 11D. Guy at the store said that it makes sense that I thought 11D was acceptable, but not the optimal fit.

Welp. Anyone looking for some 11Ds?

Interested depending on the shoe (not 65 last but most others). PM if you're off-loading ...

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A tangential question.

What do you use to care for your Bourbon Strands?  Mine are only 1-2 yrs old and can't hold a candle next to yours!

btw: am glad the suit dilemma was resolved to everyone's satisfaction including your daughter's and the Strands!

Mine are new, and had only been worn once before last night. I applied some medium brown shoe cream to even out the coloring a little, and applied some tan Kiwi wax (several coats of wax on the toes).

Dd1101

Reaction score

The new bartletts, got them from $200 shipped from eBay. Brand new first qual. Not even laced up when I got them. Looked like they where fresh from AE factory.

Applied one coat of saphir cognac wax.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new bartletts, got them from $200 shipped from eBay. Brand new first qual. Not even laced up when I got them. Looked like they where fresh from AE factory.

Amazing score! What size are they? I'm hoping you'll confirm they're nowhere near my size so I don't feel like I missed out.

nbj08

Reaction score

I took a hard look at those, but couldn't justify the color (it would be redundant in my rotation) - glad a fellow forum member will be able to enjoy them!

Dd1101

Reaction score

I took a hard look at those, but couldn't justify the color (it would be redundant in my rotation) - glad a fellow forum member will be able to enjoy them!

I have a pair of strand walnuts, that have aged nicely and I refuse to wear in the rain (office use only) so these will be my beater walnuts...

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of strand walnuts, that have aged nicely and I refuse to wear in the rain (office use only) so these will be my beater walnuts...
Wait, you're going to use the Indy line shoes as beaters? Please tell me I misread that.

Dd1101

Reaction score
beater is the wrong word, I am just going to be using these more in all weathers outside of my office rotation.

When this sole wears out, I really want these on Dainite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads