1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

You've been MIA lately... I guess the Alden thread has sucked you in, haha.

There is a pair of cigar shell boots on my shell cordovan search filter on ebay that have 2 days left and are already $750.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

Is that the only imperfection? Doesn't look bad then. Like you said, doesn't look noticeable since it's a casual shoe.

3. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea to call about it. There was a time where I'd order 2 or 3 pairs but... burning $ to send back so I stopped.

Good to know I'll have to consider ordering through him in the future particularly for shoes through the CAC.

I agree I'll call to see if I can swap em.

4. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Honestly feel like a pervert over there. I just lurk and stare. Been rocking my Wolverine boots a lot lately hence not too many pictures from me. Ha who am I kidding. I lurk and stare in this thread too

1 person likes this.
  5. roz77

roz77 Well-Known Member

Are you me? I have McAllisters in Merlot and Dark Chili (which is a gorgeous color) and Strands in Walnut and Brown Burnished. I have a pair of Black Parke Aves but I rarely wear them.

Plan on picking up a pair of Strands in Oxblood the next time they are on sale, and if I could find them in my size somewhere, I'd probably try a pair of McAllisters in Bourbon.

6. MattRiv

Check the AE ebay channel, another poster recently picked up a beautiful pair of bourbon McAs from them for something like $180. I got mine from the bank maybe 6 months ago.

I don't know how stuck you are on the Strands in oxblood, but Nordys has their anniversary sale going on right now and have the dark chili Cornwallis for $260 and boy do they look awesome.

[​IMG]

7. roz77

roz77 Well-Known Member

Ebay unfortunately does not have my size right now. Neither does shoebank, although I think I'd be a bit wary of getting Bourbon seconds anyway.

As for the Cornwallis, I actually have on my shoe wishlist (I literally have a note on my phone with all the shoes I want to buy) a pair of them in Walnut. But damn that dark chili looks good.

8. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

I have the strands in midnight navy and bourbon and the McAs in merlot and walnut. I agree with @MattRiv that the Cornallis is Dark Chili looks amazing though so I may have to give that a shot next.

9. kingrover

kingrover Active Member

My first pair, Dark Chili McAllisters from the recent seconds sale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They look close to perfect to me except the one hole at the bottom of the broguing is not punched out.

1 person likes this.
  10. MattRiv

Take a tooth pick to it and you should be able to poke it out.

1 person likes this.
  11. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

It's okay @SLCRich , we all know how much of a force to be reckoned with those Alden Badgers are compared to AE barn weasels. I've been badgered into buying more than a couple pairs of Aldens recently myself.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Well-Known Member

Roll with it!

13. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was really surprised to see this new boot. It's called the Higgins Mill and I was told it was built on a new last. Felt pretty good. Now I just have to wait until it's on sale lol. I'll Probably have to wait till the RDA Sale but that's perfect because that's when boot season starts!

2 people like this.
  14. MattRiv

It's about damn time that AE got into the casual boot game. I'll wait patiently until they come out with that natty CXL Indy knock off.

15. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are my new ones. Do they look ok?

4 people like this.
  16. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

If the padded insole causes his foot to fill the shoe more fully, this could potentially cause a bulkier look to the shoe when worn.

17. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Sure, they look fine. My Carlyles looked a bit darker than those when I got them.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@MattRiv What's up BMW guy[​IMG] I just checked out the Higgins myself - they look pretty good but less sleek than the 1st ave imo. 1757 last like the Boone if people are interested.

19. MattRiv

When done right, bourbon is soooooo nice.

Maybe it's because I love bourbon? Who knows? Who cares.

1 person likes this.
  20. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@amphillips79 Two answers 1) You went out of your way to get the tan since its sort of unique and flexible....in which case, the defect isn't so bad, or 2) You really don't care so much about the color, in which case I would absolutely return in favor of Nordstrom acorn 1sts for 199.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.