1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Your Sauk Drives are a completely different leather. They are a Dublin leather which will crackle/wrinkle/pull up in areas where it creases. It is a nature of the leather.

2. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG]

Vader approved.

3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Sorry, my point was to say that some conditioning might lessen DapperDiverr's wrinkling. I should have been more explicit.

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

You know, black shell gets a bad rap here because it's a formal color in a casual leather, which is incongruous in the world of CM. but as a casual denim shoe, few things look more badass than a black shell boot. This will be a good masculine counterbalance to the very dandy double monk Chukka in gold museum calf that I just ordered from Vass ;)
    Awesome. My son loves Darth! Well, let's face it. I do too. Who doesn't???

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

Filthy Barnweaseling 101.

You bastards have me at 22 pairs. Ohhhhh, I was gonna stop at twenty. But, NOOOOOOOOO, a lovely pair of Chili Steen loafers and Dark Brown Belmonts were nabbable for next to nothing.

So, I got 'em.

Now I gotta round UP to thirty pairs because...you know it just sorta seems the thing to do mathematically, right?

Right?

“Sigh!”

As Donnell Rawling's “Ashy Larry” said on the Chappelle's Show sketch “World Series Of Dice”: “My wife is gonna kill meeeeeee...”

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

Walnut Daltons for today.

I got these from the shoe bank last summer and had to wait months for the weather to cool off before wearing them. Now they're in heavy rotation, including weekends when I'll walk up to 10 miles in them!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

Need some help with Freiburg sizing. I am a 8E in the 65. Thanks

8. texas9

texas9 Member

Matt, and others -- took a trip to the AE store last night. According to the brannock, my size is 11.5A (?!). 11.5D fit like a glove on my right foot, but on my left foot, the shoe was slightly pinching my pinkie toe. Still has the V-gap though - I think I just have a high instep. 11.5E felt like I was swimming in them. 12C has bowing. Didn't try 12B because they didn't have it. The SA said 11.5D looks best for me. Should I go with 11.5D and have it stretched on my left foot? I'm starting to think this last is not ideal for my feet, though I don't want to give up yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

How do you get in contact with shoe bank?thanks

10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Suede Fullertons and cords today. Take that cold front!
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:ShoeBank is the website that front-ends the Allen Edmonds outlet. Go to the site, put in your size and hit the button. From there it will show you all the shoes, and clicking on a shoe will show you what stores have one in your size. Call the stores and ask for details on the shoes.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Ok. First off, on the brannock, the way I had it explained to me (also I just looked it up), you should be looking at both arch length (reading on the side) and heel to toe, taking the longer of the two numbers. In your case, it looks like you are a 12 in arch and 11.5 in heel to toe, so you take the 12 number and find where the 12 matches up on the width on the right. I read you as a 12 B/C, which ironically is my size as well (although I lean more to a B than a C). The difference is, it seems like your left foot is bigger, while my right foot is (are you a lefty?), hence the fit issue on the left shoe. I went with a 12B as I had a more secure fit on my smaller foot and have the option to stretch my right shoe if it ever causes me any trouble. Another point is that my v-gap on the 12C was basically nonexistent and was too wide for me. Did you happen to take any pics of the 12C (or brannock) on the left foot? I would definitely have AE bring in a 12B for you to try and go either 12B or C based on the fit of the front of your foot/toes.

One thing I will offer is that the pinching sensation on those 11.5Ds is unlikely to go away with wear and will drive you insane. Also, stretching didn't even help for me and I think I'll need to unload some shoes afterall. Has anyone been able to get AE to replace shoes that don't fit/are the fault of the SA?

2 people like this.
  13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

The picture is a little unclear, but your not using the brannock device correctly. You are not an 11.5A. Also since it seems your left foot is slightly bigger, I would measure off that. I'll follow up later when i have more time.

1 person likes this.
  14. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

[​IMG]

snuff suede Leeds with Epaulet tweed to stay warm today

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Make sure you take the trash out and put some lotion on :)

1 person likes this.
  16. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those look great, especially with the tweed! Were these a standard offering or G/MTO? I've thought a few times that I would love to have my Black Hills in snuff or chocolate suede.

17. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

The clearance is pretty hard to resist. Bellevue in brown or cxl brown? I know cxl creases more and is very different than standard letter. I've been away from AE for a long time for dress shoes, but I really like their casual boots and shoes.

18. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Member

My 2nd black strands were better than my 1st bourbon strands.

The firsts are in great shape, a very minor blemish very low in the upper right above the stitching. You would never see it unless you were 2" from the shoe. The seconds were flawless however (cosmetically anyway). For $199 they were an absolute steal.

I guess it's just luck.

19. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

They were an MTO that I received last June. Coincidentally, I'm wearing the same socks today as I did on the day that I first wore them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  20. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing my Flagstaff Penny Loafers today, but every time I wear them I wonder if I should put US$2.50 gold coins in them, instead of pennies, to adjust for inflation.......

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.