1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Senior Member

Based on my experience, if you have an average or low instep, the 65 should work for you. I have a low instep and the older lasts, such as the 65, 97 and 511 fit me. I really wanted the Hopkinson in Merlot, but the instep of the 201 is too high for me. So, I have the PA in merlot. Same with the Rutledge--the instep of the 333 is too high for me, so it was a no-go.

I've gotten a decent amount of use with the merlot PAs. They look great with charcoal and medium gray suits.

2. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

I kind of didn't expect much of a sale after the recent discount on the Strands (it was basically last years RDA price and there have been price increases since then). The sale on Merlot seems like more of a token unless they are looking to discontinue it like the Bourbon. I don't want to start any rumors, I don't think they will. It doesn't seem to have the issues that Bourbon had.

Haven't received my catalog, were the ancillary things (belts, shoe care and the like) on sale?

3. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Don't have a pdf, but you're not missing much. Pretty much nothing is on sale, except for merlot. This is the only page you need to see (unless you're interested in the Boone or Road Warriors).

[​IMG]

4. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Yes, there are several belts on sale. Yukon for example, is only $79. Many other things are on sale, but they are the more casual items or accessories like bags.

5. RTD1

RTD1 Senior Member

6. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

This looks even better than I expected:
    [​IMG]

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Steve at Gentlemans Footwear is an affiliate vendor here at SF. He carries Edward Green, Carmina, and (only recently) Alden. He's fantastic to work with. I've participated in two Carmina GMTOs with him. Highly recommended!

9. RTD1

RTD1 Senior Member

I the $50 Amex deal a one shot thing? I just used it for my Walnut Strands, any chance I can re-add it and use it again for Merlot? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask.

10. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior Member

A question I know has been asked, but it didn't apply to me at the time...

I just received my Cornwallis yesterday. They feel tight right at the top near my ankles. They aren't extremely comfortable out of the box, but that has often been true of what has ultimately become my best fitting and feeling shoes.

Those of you that have been wearing the Cornwallis awhile, did they break in and feel great? Or no?

Thanks boys!

11. roz77

roz77 Senior Member

Are the Jefferson 2.0s worth the premium over the McAllisters? I've been wanting a pair of the Jefferson 2.0s in Merlot for a while now but I don't think I can pass up this sale on the McAllisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I'm not sure what I was expecting but even at $199 I don't think I'll be joining in the purchase fun of these. I'd wear them if I had them for holidays but outside of that I wouldn't and seems silly to pay for a maybe 3x a year use.

13. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

I'm up in the air on this. What is everyone's thoughts?

14. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

You beat me to it lol, I was about to post the same pic. I just placed an order for mine.

My thoughts: I really like how the red is an accent color (and how they chose to use a brick sole). Since the shoe is primarily navy and white, I think they're in the same range as two-tone spectators- more versatile IMHO than if they did a red toe or something.

I wear red/white/blue so often between Memorial Day and Labor Day that I think these will basically be interchangeable with my white bucks. Seersucker pants, white or navy linen pants, Nantucket reds, etc etc etc. Also, the olympics are this year. And since Texas has its own list of holidays (Texas Independence Day, San Jacinto Day, etc), these will be ideal.

Outside of summer (Election Day, Veteran's Day, etc), I'll wear these with grey wool/flannel pants.

So yeah, I'll get a lot of use out of them. That said, I also get a ton of use out of my Jingle Bell Moks between Thanksgiving and New Years, and I'm seeing these as basically the summer version of the JBM, so I may have questionable taste

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

15. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I didn't see this in the flyer but these also made it to the sale.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.