Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

It isn't. When they recraft, you get a whole new sole anyway. They rip that one off, do the welt and the hot cork and put on a complete replacement.

Only issue I would worry about is whether they're comfortable and whether you are worried about that bulge looking bad. That's for you to answer, of course.

2. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I don't remember which one they were listed in. I had Paramus order them into their store when I was there last week. I think they may have been in Port Washington.

3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Do you think its possible that the more ample fit could be from the boot being stitched to the sole further out towards the edge?

If I'm just standing the bulge isn't as bad as in the pictures, but when I flex my foot it becomes more pronounced. I'm definitely leaning towards keeping, but I'm going to think on it for a few days. I may be experiencing some residual barn high.

4. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Get them from Kristen? I ordered some shoes from her and thought she was great to deal with.

The reason I asked where you got them is because I've had especially bad luck with the Consumer Assistance Center. Maybe the worst of the seconds end up there. Or maybe it's just because they can't eyeball the shoes while you're on the phone with them and give you an honest description. Your Daltons don't look bad at all, especially compared to some of the crap I've received from the CAC.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

If the bulge is just aesthetic... wouldn't that area experience some creasing anyway? I'd say keep them. They look good otherwise!

6. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

I just got a pair in oxblood, but those merlot look mighty appealing. I think I may have to have both, or are they too similar in color and use?

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Yes, Kristen is great. I went last week to check out some fits because of the sale that was going on, and had her order them at that time. She also tracked down a Khaki McTavish in my size, but unfortunately it was an inventory error, else I would have walked out with 3 pairs today.

As you state they can't (or won't) check conditions at the CAC, thats why I just have them sent to the Paramus store. If I don't like them I don't have to bother with the return process.

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I would not say they are similar in color. Similar in hue, but much darker. Also they aren't as ruby in color as the Merlot Jeffersons I posted a picture of about a week ago. They definitely have more brown in them than those. As for use I would say yes they would likely match up with anything you might wear with Oxblood. But, I suppose the answer consistent with this forum would be, "If you don't have BOTH you may as well not have feet." [​IMG]

9. HoldenMI

Wish I had an outlet near me. It really irks me when the CAC wants to charge a restocking fee after sending me utter garbage. I'm now very wary about ordering from the CAC, whereas I wouldn't hesitate to order from any other outlet if something interesting came up in my size on shoebank. At least there's a retail store near me, but they don't stock my size (B width).

10. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

[​IMG]

Late submission of walnut Wednesday. I know I posted these a couple weeks back but hadn't had a chance to WW them yet. Wore for 14 hours feeling pretty good, and started to break in for me. But need a couple more wears to even some lump in the cork.

11. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Just got my father's day catalog. Wow, pretty much nothing is on ale. Guess we'll see what happens in late June.

My only experiences with the CAC have been excellent. Carlyle's looked like 1sts and my Clark Street's were near flawless as well.

12. HoldenMI

The merlot PAs I got from the CAC are excellent. Have no idea why they are seconds. The other four pair I've received from them have had major flaws from incredibly wrinkled leather to severely misaligned wing tip to an uneven heel. Those are all apparent defects that would have been caught by any other SA. I think cosmetic blemishes in seconds are ok and that's the reason for the discount, however there is a limit when the flaws are obvious from a distance.

The Hopkinsons (had to return due to sizing) and MacNeils I got through Kristen were almost flawless and I could not complain about them as seconds.

13. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Yeah, I understand. I prefer to order from the Ohio store, as they've never disappointed me. I think any of the stores where they can see them is the best way to go. You are rolling the dice when you order from the CAC. I've been lucky, so far.

I do see that the merlot Park Aves are on sale for $245. If I used my amex card offer, it would be around $200 for a 1st PA. Definitely worth considering. I might drive to the south coast store to test if the 65 last will work for me. I have doubts it will.

14. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Quote:Thats how the Pats are made, Just wore mine tonight. I also have them in Shell and they are not made with reinforced heel cups.

15. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Anyone have the PDF on this $245 Merlot sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.