Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I love Dainite- I wouldn't have it on all my shoes (I prefer leather), but it has its place. My suede Strands have Dainite soles, which, when combined with a healthy coat of nano protector, make for great foul-weather shoes.

2. orange fury

On point #2- I'd bet only one of those is going to fit you. The Patriot was an absolutely horrible fit for me, but the Cavanaugh ended up being fantastic

3. J o s h

J o s h Senior member

Hi Lobster,

Do these shoes fit within your style preference? They are in your price range.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I've been looking pretty hard at some Rancourt loafers myself, which seems to be their core business.

I own a pair of Meermins that I picked up in Madrid last December and the quality on their Linea Maestros is better than AE IMO.

5. aero25

aero25 Senior member

That's exactly what you wear those with, I think. Probably best ifthe shirt you wear is a Polo or casual button up with rolled sleeves. Most colored shorts should work, too,even blue.

6. miggitymac

miggitymac New Member

I own a pair of Walnut Strands already and can't decide if I should get a pair of McAllister or another pair of Strands in Merlot at the upcoming sale. Can anyone help persuade me either way? They will likely be worn in a business casual work environment and casually as appropriate.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

That's easy. If you've already got a pair of Strands, go with the McAllisters. I'd save your next Strand purchase for some brown shell or oxblood.

8. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I have merlot McAllisters and 5 colors of strands so I like both. If you have no other Mcallister colors I'd go that route for some variety.

9. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I also would say get the McAllister in merlot.

Did the so called 1776 shoes pop up and I missed it or has that failed to come to fruition yet? Not sure I'd get it as it was described but I'm curious nonetheless.

10. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I'd say depending on one's definition of "casual," neither is a good choice, particularly in that dark a color. On the other hand, either in merlot would be a great second or third suit shoe.

IMO the best choice for a Mac or Strand for casual wear is the pair you already own. You might want to consider something in suade and/or a blucher/derby/loafer for the casual use you have in mind.

11. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Shipping notice received for my Mora 2.0 in Bourbon. Should be here Friday. :D

12. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I haven't seen anything and like yourself I am at a minimum curious.

13. orange fury

I called customer service last night because I hadn't received the email yet, the person I spoke to told me that she thought the emails might be sent in groups so as not to overrun customer service (like what apparently happened with the midnight navy shoes).

As an aside, she was telling me a bit about the midnight navy release- supposedly AE only had enough leather for around 500 pairs of shoes for the initial run- with how popular it was, she thought they may release other styles in navy at some point.

14. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Update on my dark chili 5A I purchased during the sale almost 2 months ago, received my second pair Saturday and they are pretty rough. Uneven color and worst of all the openings are bowed and completely creased. Looks like 3 months to receive a pair of shoes.

15. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

That's a shame; i got the same shoe in the same color and they're perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.