1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

The 511 fits me so well in a bal, I've seriously considered a shell makeup. But I'm not sure if I'd like them as much without the textural contrast.

2. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Black hanovers for the unique take. I go back and forth on these. The toe is a touch square and it needs one more row of eyelets. Then it would be perfect. Still a nice part of my rotation with dark navy or charcoal.

3. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

Found out some info on the upcoming patriotic shoe- the SA at a location showed me an email that they'll be sending out on May 31st. It'll be a Webgem called the "1776"- it's a navy and white neumok with a red heel counter and a red Dainite sole. Looks pretty awesome, I'll be ordering one. No price listed yet, but he guessed in the $225 range

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I've posted my Delrays several times. No one has ever seemed interested.

Anyway, here they are again.

[​IMG]

5. naspratt

Those are real pretty shoes. I'd like them better if the plug followed the shape of the toe more. But I'd have a pair already if my wife didn't tell me that I was wearing old man shoes last time I wore a split toe.

6. BackInTheJox

Odd, I never would have associated a split toe blucher like the Delray or Lasalle with "old man shoes." That description, I would think, would fit more in line with any of the cap toe bluchers like the FA/PA (not that I agree with that), or certainly some of the orthopedic looking walking shoes like the Voyager.

But, to each their own. One of the things I've realized on this thread is that there is a very wide range of style preferences. I would likely never purchase a monkstrap shoe, a chelsea boot, or a chukka, but they get a ton of love on here.

A lot of differences, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Last edited: May 29, 2016

7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

100% agree that classic dress shoes are in right now. I personally really like the look of a split toe as it can be easily dressed up or down depending on what you wear with it. I own a Bradley and really like the raised look vs being stitched like a LaSalle or Del Ray, even though I do like them.

9. BackInTheJox

I'm hoping I don't change my mind in the future (I'm 34 now), but I've been on a wingtip tear as well. Really love the RL Sandersons (longwings), Madison Park (shortwing), Williams (longwing), the brown/white spectator longwings from C&J, etc that I've acquired over the past few years. I really want one of the new Oak Street Bootmakers longwing bluchers but I'm not ready to pull the trigger (despite their weekend sale going on).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Lol, we're miles apart. I love monkstraps, chukkas, and monkstrap chukkas! And Chelseas too ;)

Vass, AE, Vass, Carmina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

12. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I was not a fan of monkstraps, or even chukkas, until I met a group of filthy barnweasels.
    Now I've got a couple chukkas and even a monkstrap.
    (And I would mind having another of each.)

13. peppercorn78

Your Dundees are looking great, Counselor! I often forget how elegant the 511 last can look when it's not on someone with extra-wide Triple-E duck-footed clodhoppers!

Wooops, yours ARE triple-E. Well, for some reason they present more shapely in size 18 or whatever the holy heck your size is than in stubby ole' 10.5. ;)

Of course, it could always be the tighter-lasting of calfskin vs. shell.

Anywhoo, just wanted to say nice kicks, Perry Mason!

14. peppercorn78

I fell in lust with monkstraps from the moment I first saw the "trend" profiles in that-magazine-who-shall-not-be-named. I now own 3 pairs and am in the market for a third (probably suede).

Chukkas took a while to grow on me, but grow they did. Just like a kudzu infestation. I've got 5 pairs now, with another MTO in development, and considering yet another MTO...

15. naspratt

Chukka monks are my new want pair, I think I'm digging the double strap over the George boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.