1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrosgrainUndies

GrosgrainUndies New Member

A shoe store is not a restaurant. Allen Edmonds could not deliver the shoe I needed when I needed it. I ordered from the vendor who could. It's that simple. I was upfront with the associate, and he didn't seem offended. Either he was hiding his disgust well, or he realized that helping me out in a crunch, even if he wouldn't get a commission that day, would result in a future sale.

2. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

+1

AE implemented a new policy in the past year or so where they are keeping fewer widths and sizes in stock at their retail stores in favor of keeping more inventory at their central warehouse. AE cost this associate a commission on the sale, not you, by virtue of its new approach to stocking retail stores more leanly.

Don't bother engaging with this guy in the future. Best to ignore him, as most others here do.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

@AllenEdmondsCEO thanks for stopping in, Mr. G! Here are my most patriotic AEs in the spirit of Independence Day:

[​IMG]

Best,
    --Patrick C

1 person likes this.
  4. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Linen trousers and cordovan Strands today

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Do you buy a car from the first dealer/salesman that lets you test drive one or answers your questions too?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Depends how cute she is :3

2 people like this.
  7. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

Thomas [Jefferson] Tuesday:
    [​IMG]
    #indyweek

3 people like this.
  8. Vitals

Vitals Active Member

[​IMG]
    1943 lasted Leiden Weave dark chili for a hot & humid New York summer day.

5 people like this.
  9. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@JSO1 Amen. Wanted to add that this totally goes both ways too - there are a handful of SAs that are well aware that their stores will never carry my size and hence they are consistently rude and dissmisive of me (unless a manager is around).

Good to have you back.

10. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Im not a huge fan of the 1943 last but I like that weave and those look great in the light. There have been a couple shoes in walnut and chili that have come and gone on ebay but usually always had a pulled weave that I couldn't see myself wanting to wear. This might have me reconsidering them in the future. Those don't seem as squared off as the cornwallis does but maybe thats just the angle of the photo. Either way looking good!

11. Vitals

Vitals Active Member

At first I was skeptical about the weave pattern too, as I'm used to wearing more muted shoe designs, but decided to give it a chance. The woven leather is very comfortable, and they must look good as I am complimented on them every time they are worn. The photo is accurate, they are not squared off like the Cornwallis.

1 person likes this.
  12. pbrandes

pbrandes Well-Known Member

Starting Independence Week on the right foot with Jefferson 2.0:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

With tomorrow being Wednesday, plus Indy week and all, am I'm a quandary. Need to be suited up n in 90 degree heat. So, navy blue with Walnut 5ths, blue with brown Bartletts, or off the grid with dark gray suit and #8 shell PAs ? Too many conflicting rules around here:)

1 person likes this.
  14. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

Sorry..small keyboard...also, on previous topic, when o am going on just to try on a new last/ shoe, I purposely connect with SAs who have sold me shoes on the past. They know I'll be back eventually!

15. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

Back when I was getting my first MTO, Allison both sent me trial pairs and told me to go to a store for a fitting. I was the only customer in the store, told the sales associate why I was there, and bought ~$100 worth of accessories (trees, horns, polishes, etc.). He didn't seem annoyed. But of course, they had every permutation of size I could want (except 11B), so it was a different experience. And that was a small store.

16. pbrandes

pbrandes Well-Known Member

It's Indy Week! Bartletts! Besides, shell breathes less than calf so it would get hotter inside those PAs. Plus--it's Indy Week!

:)

17. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Midnight Navy for first day back to work:
    [​IMG]

Finally mostly broken in too- this is the first day I've made it throughout the day without pain

@AllenEdmondsCEO /Paul: I've said this before on here (and commented to a couple SA's at your stores), but if you ever make the Grayson in midnight navy, I'll be first in line to buy it. I normally wait for sales, but I would make an exception in that case lol.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    2 people like this.
  18. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

What he said - Indy Week/Bartletts! Lots of other Wednesdays for wearing walnut.

19. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

Looking good gents!

20. robster35

robster35 Well-Known Member

anyone happen to know of another well made boat shoe similar to the Maritime's Bone color? been doin some searching myself but seems most just make a navy or brown. cant get a good fit on the maritimes my toes touch the end on my usual size 10 and the 10.5's are a bit too large my heel slips a good bit even tied tight. love the color tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.