Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

I hear you, but I know my personality. I will obsess over anything minor, and honestly, I can afford to buy firsts. My imposition of buying only on sale really is to slow down my purchasing. If I start getting into seconds, things could get out of hand.

2. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

This is brown burnished IRL, sorry don't have pic to compare to other lighter colors..

[​IMG]

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Cool. I can afford first too, but when you can get seconds at such a deep discount and return them if the deformities annoy you enough, I'll go with that route every time.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

4. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Glad to see the new thread!

My meager contributions: (with some descriptions for future searching)

The AE that started it all for me - Tan McTavish (4035)
    [​IMG]

Cognac McTavish in the wild (4045)
    [​IMG]

The small-but-mighty McTavish Army
    [​IMG]

Brooks Aberdeens x AE (I need to take a better picture here - these are so much better in person)
    [​IMG]

Rush Street
    [​IMG]

"Brush the CXL day"
    [​IMG]

Shoe care day...
    [​IMG]

McNeil
    [​IMG]

5. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Needs more Leeds and MacNeils :)

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

You do realize that by coming here you are doing the equivalent of contemplating joining a monastery and consulting with the madam a brothel on what to do.

8. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Those are Badland in chocolate suede. One of the last GMTOs :)

9. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

thanks! You should!

10. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

my brother from another mother! Great minds think alike :)

11. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

Yeah, bourbon is all over the place. I have two pair of Bourbon now, one so dark that it's almost dark brown, the other medium. The bourbon polish is lighter in color than both pair.

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I'm the same way. The problem is, the darker is the other shoe; not another pair.

13. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I'm of the same mind at the moment.

I have a couple of shoebank pair and they're fantastic. My Rutledge might be the best bargain shoes I've ever owned and the Bobs Chili color on my rogues goes with literally every pair of pants in my wardrobe. I paid less than $200 for perfect fitting and really attractive shoes in both cases.

As for firsts? Well, I returned 2 pair the first time I tried, another that were the wrong size (I didn't get a replacement), got a bourbon pair where the shoes are mismatched in leather quality and color, another bourbon pair so dark it's like a dark-brown shoe with a touch of olive to it (I kept both Bourbon pair after they offered me a small discount), and the worst were a pair with bowing so bad I could literally step right out of the shoes with them laced up completely.

That last pair? That was on sale at the beginning of November. I still haven't gotten replacements. First, they couldn't get that leather anymore so they offered any other shoe in their line. I chose one in stock in my size -- I was careful to check. That was 5 weeks ago and I still have no shoes. I checked in 2 weeks ago, then again on Monday via email. I just got an email this morning apologizing for not responding to me, saying "I don't know what's wrong."

I know the firsts come with the customer service and automatic returns, but that hasn't helped me at all. Meanwhile, I can call Ben in Freeport, ask "Hey can you get me a pair of Rutledge?" and 4 days later some BEAUTIFUL shoes are on my doorstep at half the price of new. It's a super bargain and worth having to pay for the return if something isn't copacetic.

14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Lamenting the demise of the MTO program, but I was wondering. What would you all like as a regular Allen Edmonds make-up (maybe as a web gem) if you had your wish?

Those various Galway's are tempting. But I would love AE to put out something like the Frieberg, in a Reverse Kudu. The Normandy's are sooooooo supple.

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I like the look of that Strandmok 2.0, but I want lined, and a Dainite sole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.