Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I have to call fraud on Paul for this.

2. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

If you want an old-style Carlyle, better buy soon then I guess. I think the reason I don't like it is that it looks like it will break apart easily. And why do this to the Carlyle, which is not a casual shoe?

3. columnsofsteam

columnsofsteam Active Member

[​IMG]

Quick, late night bite to eat with the girlfriend (who tried to make a cameo appearance!), so I reached for the Cheetahs. They're extremely comfortable, but I hope they release a white calfskin pair for fall or spring; as much as I love the grey, it's a little tricky to find ways to work it into my rotation.

4. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

A most excellent assortment. If I may, needs a Dundee. Everything is better with chukkas.

5. chipperoo

chipperoo New Member

Hey all, I've been a long time lurker on this thread and thought I'd share my current collection with you guys. I've been thinking about getting some chili and oxblood in the mix as well. I actually missed out on some chili McGregors back when they were on clearance. Now with the CEO sale, I'm thinking I should pick up some oxblood strands. Or should I just go for chili/oxblood in a different style? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

6. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

[​IMG]

Too close in color??

I am replacing my fifth dark chili and brown park ave with these. This last fits me so much better than the 65.

Last edited: May 27, 2016

7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I was told today by AN AE rep on the website chatthat the Cornwallis wasn't available in Dark Chili. Untrue? I want one in Dark Chili if I can get one...

8. spizike9

spizike9 Member

I called a store and they searched the system and found me Chili McGregors for 157. They were firsts too.

9. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I have a pair but I believe they quit producing it making it no longer available.

10. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Call AE, I ordered over the phone. Its a Nordstrom Exclusive.

11. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I have both so I'd say no. But I also have a chili 5A.

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Thats a lot of Walnut and Browns. Oxblood Strand would be nice to throw in the mix. Or maybe something in suede (Hint: Dundee). [​IMG]

13. chipperoo

chipperoo New Member

Yeah, $157 was the price for the firsts on clearance a while back. Looks like I gotta give my local store a call and see if they can find some in my size. Thanks!

14. chipperoo

chipperoo New Member

Haha, yes I am a big fan of walnut and browns. I actually considered getting the navy suede Dundee when I first saw them on clearance for $217, but was worried about their versatility. Now I just checked again and my size isn't available. Thanks for the suggestion!

15. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

@chipperoo -- Yoir collection is dope. I think that oxblood strands are incredibly handsome, and make a very nice addition. I've said this before, but I think that oxblood looks better heavily brogued, because it isn't as 'bright' looking as it can sometimes be when it's unadorned. I just bought a pair in the CEO sale, but have to wait while produce more pairs in my size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.