1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I'm starting to feel this way about the PA. I have black PAs as well as 5As and I'm thinking about selling my black PAs. I never reach for them except when I was a groomsman which is probably the only time now I'd wear it over the 5As. Brown antibe PAs might be hitting the bay shortly as well. I have 3-4 pairs that aren't listed in my signature I'm going to be selling too since they either don't fit me great or just don't make it out in rotation. Started out with PAs and now they are on the chopping block.

Last edited: May 27, 2016

2. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior Member

I found they run small for me. I'm a 12.5D or 13C in the 5 last. The 13 D was too small for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior Member

Those look great!!! Are they 1st or 2nds and what size are they? Congrats on the job offer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

I would be careful with ordering online based on their sizing guide based on the horror stories that I read here on a daily basis. I think you'd be better off to either find a store with a brannock device nearby or order one online and let us help before you spend a lot in shipping charges. I have no experience with the sizing guide, but would go with the fit they recommend instead of worrying about what the width of the shoe you order is.

5. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Sneakers, hiking shoes, bad weather boots??? Those never even enter the equation. You would have to add a plus Z in my case.

6. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior Member

7. MattRiv

Haha, good lord dude.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Larchmonts 2day:

[​IMG]

9. MattRiv

[​IMG]

Brown Strandmoks on a beautiful Friday in Charlotte! Will likely be in Kirkwoods or my trusty Rainbows for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Cheers gents!

Last edited: May 27, 2016

10. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Thank you! 1sts, bought during the sale about a month or so ago. 9.5B, my brannock.

11. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

After a crazy busy week, I'm enjoying some couch time on a dreary Friday. A little more formal attire the last few days, but regrettably I wasn't able to snap any decent pics. Sorry for the super crappy indoor pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

I find my Rush Streets are also darkening with age, and I'm fine with that. Without any shell experience, I think the CXL is probably my favorite leather. Love my natural Oak Streets also, and the Kirkwoods, Maritimes, and Bellevues all have nice color.

13. HelpMyStyle

HelpMyStyle Member

Hey guys, I am considering picking up my first pair of Walnut shoes. I don't have a store nearby to see the color in person. Is it safe to assume that walnut will work with khaki/navy and possibly gray pants? It's really hard to tell how light the walnut is from the online photos.

14. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

15. RTD1

RTD1 Senior Member

Walnut works very well with light to medium gray and any sort of tan/khaki. It does not work well with dark/charcoal gray. Walnut and Navy is a personal preference thing, the two colors complement each other, but it is a very flashy look that some don't like (and it violates the 'shoes must be darker than the trousers' iGent rule).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.