1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Sure you are going to get a lot of opinions, but I think most will agree you should not be considering burnished brown right now. It is a beautiful color (I own three models), but I think it's a tad too conservative for your current situation. Since coat is optional for you, stick with chili or merlot.

Personal Opinion:
    While Merlot is almost as conservative, according to tone, as the burnished brown, I believe the slight non neutrality of both Merlot and Oxblood add the extra style needed to pull off a darker colored bal without a coat (brogueing assumed). Add some color since you already have black and Bourbon if neutrality is desired. In the end, I don't think you will be disappointed with Chili or Merlot. For me, the current price of the Merlot would make it a no brainer. (And the fact that I wear more lavender and purple shirts than pink or red, and I love the way Merlot compliments them).

2. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

All I can think about here is that poor toothbrush....and the teeth that will be touched with it.

3. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

My shell cordovan Leeds in the office today on the day of their maiden voyage. They were seconds because, I think, a couple of the eyelets on the right shoes were very slightly off, but fortunately not enough to bother me. They've been comfortable right out of the box and I'm happy with them. My first shells...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

Haven't had an reason to wear these yet, but my wife went out to dinner with a friend and I wanted to wear them around the house a bit, so that's why I'm exposing some of you purists to jeans with a black captoe bal. Still can't believe I paid only $50 for these on eBay, the idiot even had them marked as 11.5 instead of 12.

Anyway, the Harrison is one bad ass shoe. Need to fit these into rotation soon. I NEVER wear black.

These are this vintage McAs I picked up last week. Need to fit these in as well.

[​IMG]

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Your Leeds look great -- can't see any flaws.

7. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm very happy with them....

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Clearly, you need all FIVE of the shoes you've asked about.

But if you must, prioritize the Strand for $237 and get the others later durning another sale.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Loden Dundee.

Today, Bergen Center Mall parking lot.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Related to my previous post, comparison between Tan/Brogue/Loden(Olive): Mojave 2.0/Mojave 2.0/Dundee:

[​IMG]

Note the color variation on the loden indoor vs. outdoor.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Spoils of the sale came into Paramus today.

Navy Strands, crappy indoor lighting makes them look SO black, but they ARE navy (midnight blue is more accurate):

[​IMG]

Black shell Park Avenue's, virtually flawless:

[​IMG]

Brown grain Brooks Bros. MacNeil's (I'm wavering on these, ironically due to eyelet alignment):

[​IMG]

Left 2 more pairs (brown shell Dundee for fit, and khaki McTavish for peanut-butter) on the table. After trees, cordovan cream and brush I was lucky to escape without breaking four figures. Really wanted those Dundee's. Just a touch too long.

Thats it I'm DONE with shoe buying for the year. Fin. No Mas. Over and Out. Fat Lady Sung.

Maybe a Mojave.... and a Sea Island. Bayfield if it comes before the end of the year.

Oh and a Jefferson, maybe.

6 people like this.
  12. SimplyStylin

SimplyStylin Senior member

I can't believe I forgot about Paramus opening up... Doh! Stopping in soon to check it out.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

If you remove the brush and toothpaste you could fit a pair of Sea Island. You can always get sundries at your destination.

1 person likes this.
  14. SimplyStylin

SimplyStylin Senior member

nice, i've been eyeballing the loden color... I have the snuff, one of my fav shoes and the color is great.

15. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Nice haul there. Good luck holding out on new purchases. That's what I said few weeks ago, and I already have 2 more pairs arriving to that same same store this/next week.

16. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

POTD. You aren't married, are you?

2 people like this.
  17. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Obviously not.

18. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Uber Strandmok 2.0s.

[​IMG]

These things are ridiculously comfy. I'm wearing them all summer.

Be in Iowa and Texas over the next week. :D

2 people like this.
  19. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

What part of Texas? Houston humidity is gnarly right now, fair warning. I've been wearing Chacos and espadrilles when not at work lol.

20. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

See, another great argument for not getting married.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.