• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlettsl

Reaction score

So, I'm getting a new pair of Allen Edmonds this weekend, and unfortunately there is no retailer in my country so I need to order online. I used the official sizing guide to check my fit. It gave me a size 12 length (I was really quite between 11.5 and 12) and an E width. According to their sizing chart if I went with a 12.5 I wouldn't need to get the wide version though.

This is the pair I want to order: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Dalton-Lace-Up/dp/B004TDUMJI

Does anyone have these and know if they tend to run small or big? Any info on sizing would be great!
I found they run small for me. I'm a 12.5D or 13C in the 5 last. The 13 D was too small for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catlettsl

Reaction score

Dark chili Fifth Avenues with Suit Supply up top for an interview.

Apparently it worked, considering the offer I got a couple hours later.....
Those look great!!! Are they 1st or 2nds and what size are they? Congrats on the job offer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'm getting a new pair of Allen Edmonds this weekend, and unfortunately there is no retailer in my country so I need to order online. I used the official sizing guide to check my fit. It gave me a size 12 length (I was really quite between 11.5 and 12) and an E width. According to their sizing chart if I went with a 12.5 I wouldn't need to get the wide version though.

This is the pair I want to order: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens-Dalton-Lace-Up/dp/B004TDUMJI

Does anyone have these and know if they tend to run small or big? Any info on sizing would be great!
I would be careful with ordering online based on their sizing guide based on the horror stories that I read here on a daily basis. I think you'd be better off to either find a store with a brannock device nearby or order one online and let us help before you spend a lot in shipping charges. I have no experience with the sizing guide, but would go with the fit they recommend instead of worrying about what the width of the shoe you order is.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought of one thats happened to me.

Your asked how many shoes do you have and respond, " I have X pairs." Then after a short pause you say, "Oh, plus Y more, but I don't really count those."

I do this all the time. The shoes that aren't on the racks (sneakers, hiking shoes, bad weather boots) don't get included in the mental inventory. And I'm still at 20-something pairs (plus one still hiding in the back of the closet until my wife is very happy with me).
shog[1].gif

Sneakers, hiking shoes, bad weather boots??? Those never even enter the equation. You would have to add a plus Z in my case.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Creative accounting keeps my AE collection around 70 items. A truly honest count of AE+ Danner hiking/work boots would approach triple digits.

There is no need for honesty except maybe amongst fellow weasels.

Thanks Ace for your math, consider my excess to = Z also. Definitely under 100 pairs then, just one item Z here on the list, nothing to see, move on.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creative accounting keeps my AE collection around 70 items. A truly honest count of AE+ Danner hiking/work boots would approach triple digits.

There is no need for honesty except maybe amongst fellow weasels.

Thanks Ace for your math, consider my excess to = Z also. Definitely under 100 pairs then, just one item Z here on the list, nothing to see, move on.
Haha, good lord dude.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larchmonts 2day:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown Strandmoks on a beautiful Friday in Charlotte! Will likely be in Kirkwoods or my trusty Rainbows for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Cheers gents!

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look great!!! Are they 1st or 2nds and what size are they?

Congrats on the job offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! 1sts, bought during the sale about a month or so ago. 9.5B, my brannock.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a crazy busy week, I'm enjoying some couch time on a dreary Friday. A little more formal attire the last few days, but regrettably I wasn't able to snap any decent pics. Sorry for the super crappy indoor pics...

danwatts2005

Reaction score
After a crazy busy week, I'm enjoying some couch time on a dreary Friday. A little more formal attire the last few days, but regrettably I wasn't able to snap any decent pics. Sorry for the super crappy indoor pics...

I find my Rush Streets are also darkening with age, and I'm fine with that. Without any shell experience, I think the CXL is probably my favorite leather. Love my natural Oak Streets also, and the Kirkwoods, Maritimes, and Bellevues all have nice color.

HelpMyStyle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am considering picking up my first pair of Walnut shoes. I don't have a store nearby to see the color in person. Is it safe to assume that walnut will work with khaki/navy and possibly gray pants? It's really hard to tell how light the walnut is from the online photos.

RTD1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am considering picking up my first pair of Walnut shoes. I don't have a store nearby to see the color in person. Is it safe to assume that walnut will work with khaki/navy and possibly gray pants? It's really hard to tell how light the walnut is from the online photos.
Walnut works very well with light to medium gray and any sort of tan/khaki. It does not work well with dark/charcoal gray. Walnut and Navy is a personal preference thing, the two colors complement each other, but it is a very flashy look that some don't like (and it violates the 'shoes must be darker than the trousers' iGent rule).

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find my Rush Streets are also darkening with age, and I'm fine with that. Without any shell experience, I think the CXL is probably my favorite leather. Love my natural Oak Streets also, and the Kirkwoods, Maritimes, and Bellevues all have nice color.

I, too, LOVE cxl - but was worried about them in something more formal. They've aged nicely and I'm ok with the darkening. Has actually allowed me to feel better about them in more formal pairings. My other cxl are pretty close to yours: Kirks in brown, navy, and red; Maries and LBs in golden brown; and natural Clark Sts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads