Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I'll stick with the original idea of seven.
    My current seven favorites:
    1. Strand - bourbon
    2. Rush Street - olive
    3. Flatiron - brown
    4. First Ave - walnut
    5. Dalton - oxblood
    6. Cronmok - brown
    7. Clark Street - brown
    I probably wear the Clark Streets more than any others.

2. Southwick

Southwick Senior member

You know, I really liked them. I wish I'd bought one of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Gents, I couldn't see first qual chili Cornwallis anywhere. Called AE and you can place order over the phone and get the $275 price.

4. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

We've had very low inflation over the last several years. Is there anyone to blame but Brentwood wanting a good ROI? [​IMG]

5. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

That PA looks pretty cool. The Black Hills or whatever that is, is okay too. I would definitely wear this color on a Friday, but I do live in Cali.

6. ProfilaBinding

Lasalle looks out of place when I wear jeans. I personally think the walnut Strand would be a better choice with jeans.

I'm not planning to buy anything for a while, but I am carefully looking at everything and trying to determine what my next one will be. Since I don't own any cap toes, it might be time to try to push my limits. The Hopkinson in merlot might be something I try. I also don't own anything in walnut yet.

7. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Both my Fifth Streets and Freiburgs rub my shin weird when going down stairs. Other than that they're fine.

8. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Sojourner you say? Give up on aesthetic grounds. That thing is fugly.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood from seeing so many bicycle toes against humanity at work today.

:cloud:

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Black shoes don't always mean formal, brosephi! On a boot, black is the most badass color there is. How many Hell's Angels do y'all see sporting walnut kicks? I think this makeup (black workboot with natural welt) is particularly BOSS: [​IMG] This one is shell: [​IMG] Yes, they're both (gasp) Alden, but no one does a black boot like they do. Embrace casual black. You'll be glad you did!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG]

Couldn't resist.

11. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

OK A-E gents, a quandary.

I got a pair of AE Cavanaugh navy suede penny loafers from the shoe bank. Wore them in the house for a day and they felt OK so then took them outside. Today is my second day of 'proper' wear and they are a nightmare. They make my toes feel very cramped in the front, yet they bow when I walk and yet the heel slips at the back. I've tried barefoot, thin socks, thick socks, insoles, heel pads and all combinations of the above and nothing seems to mitigate this weird fit. They are size 8.5 D which is the same size I have in several other AEs of various lasts. It's killing me as they are a great looking shoe.

Being that the soles now have the minimal scuffing you'd expect from a couple of days in the wild, what are the odds that I can send these in to AE for an exchange? Am I now screwed with AE? If so does anyone want to buy an almost brand new pair? If I can exchange them what would your recommendation be? I would guess I need a half size longer i.e. 9, but a narrower throat (do they even come narrower than D?)

Any advice, pearls of wisdom, purchase offers, or humorous piss taking will be much appreciated - cheers, TWD.

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    The shell shoes are certainly looser than the same shoe on the same last in calf. They just can't pull the shell as tightly as the calf. It does not make me alter the size of the shoe I order, but I do know they fit me better than calf.

14. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:Would you say that balances the fact that shell essentially does not stretch?

15. ProfilaBinding

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.