1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILMP

ILMP Member

I went with the wide basic since I am primarily only going to wear them with my light charcoal suit.

2. robster35

robster35 Senior member

got my Maritimes in today. these things feel amazing. got a good deal on them look like they were worn maybe once or twice. there is a couple spots on the fromt where there's what looks like some asphalt dirt or blacktop dirt on the front. anyone got a reccomendation on a good cleaner for this type of leather?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They are suede right? Just use a typical suede eraser. On that note, I would probably invest in some protector for those.

4. robster35

robster35 Senior member

will do!

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Nice! My chili Delrays are one of my favorite shoes (and my second pair of AEs ever). But people on here don't seem to like the style very much.

1 person likes this.
  6. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I grabbed a few belts, too -- a Humboldt Avenue in 'golden brown' chromexcel (probably to wear with winter boots) and Decatur Avenue in brown grain (to match my Dundees and Leeds).

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Suede eraser/brush kit from AE (others make them, check Walmart). This post was mainly concerned with the red vibrate, but check the suede on the bottom picture. post #18251 I'll try and post some better picts of the suede later today.

1 person likes this.
  8. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Love my Humboldt Ave belts. I got natural and golden brown CXL (I wear a lot of both on my feet). Beautiful and great quality.

9. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Our opinions aside, the truly important question is this: if you kept the shoes, would you be satisfied, or would the flaws continue to bother you? If the latter, I suggest either sending back, or letting AE's excellent CS do what they do. For instance, a pricing adjustment to seconds pricing seems like a reasonable solution, if you would accept these as seconds. Be aware that returning for an exchange doesn't necessarily guarantee a perfect replacement, though.

Of course, if you flat out return, you may be able to get these instead (chosen specifically for you based on avatar):
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

I've noticed that as well. Personally I think they are under-rated so I'm glad to have found another Delray fan!

1 person likes this.
  11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I'm a split toe junkie. Love my Lasalle, Ashton, Malone, Wilbert, and Clark Street's.

12. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing MTO (brass eyelets, Danite sole, and split reverse welt) Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McAllisters while on a date (she took this picture) strolling around a mall......

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  13. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

As always, depends on what else you are wearing. What I would wear to the mall is most likely more formal than what others might wear, so I would definitely wear tan Strands or McAllisters there, but that's because creased chinos and a dress shirt (usually a coat as well) is as casual as I typically go in an indoor public place. Likewise, I never go on a date with my wife without wearing a coat and tie, hence I could wear the same for that. But if you are looking for something to wear with jeans/chinos, and say a knit shirt, go with the Strandmok or a tan welted loafer. I wouldn't suggest wearing a calf skin balmoral of any kind or color with denim or uncreased chinos. On the other hand, I wouldn't suggest wearing a burgundy Grayson with denim either, though with darker denim and a pink OCBD, they would look quite complimentary for a casual night out.

14. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

This exact make up, but in the LWB Macneil, was to have been an MTO for me when they shut down the original MTO program.

15. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Of coarse, you and I may be the only two people here that would feel comfortable wearing a bow tie and jacket to the mall (not to mention a PS).

1 person likes this.
  16. Gutter736

Gutter736 Member

Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen the mailer yet, but I did get a response from my inquiry to AE. Laura was awesome and found me as much info as she could.

"The Bainbridge is made on the 201 last. Unfortunately it was discontinued a few years ago. It did come in brown as well, but there is no longer inventory in your size. There is a small amount of inventory left if others were interested. The style numbers are:

8176S in Brown
    8177S in Navy

These are factory seconds. I wish I could give you more information.

Thanks"

Maybe she is making the assumption it is a discontinued style since they have limited stock. Either way, if anyone is interested the style numbers and a phone call may get you a pair. I am interested to see the brown color (wondering if it's more like the Acorn Hillfire color or the brown on the Neumok).

17. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I wonder if the Bainbridge is the other shoe Paul was talking about when he mentioned another blue shoe would be arriving soon.

Still waiting for the blue Carlyle or Leeds...

18. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Late afternoon chili Fifth Aves:
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

@firefit - Despite suggestions of "strands with jeans are fine" and "everyone else will be in square toed monstrosities anyway," I can relate to the 'nice casual' shoes without looking too out of place. If brouging is too much, I think the previous suggestions of Dundees, suede, etc are right on point. To add to the suggestions, are there any Frieburgs left in your size on the shoebank? I have been pleasantly surprised by these and they seem to fill that casual role that you mentioned.

Happy Monday, Gents! With a small chance of rain, plans to be on my feet, and the possibility of excited dogs stepping all over them, I reached for the Frieburgs today. Went with same size as 5 & other 201s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Also, to follow-up on whoever mentioned that the dye from their Kirkwood or Maritime colored their socks... I have had this problem with all 6 of mine. Mentioned this (in passing) to my CS contact when I initially bought them last spring. She said if it was anything other than minor color bleed or if it didn't go away in the first couple of wears that there was something wrong (and even encouraged me to ship them back to AE for inspection).

My latest pair of red Kirks is by far the worst offender. I have easily 20+ 'easy' wears in these, as they serve as my around the house, walk the trash outside, etc shoes. Decided to wear some new white socks while around the house yesterday, just to see how bad it really was. I usually wear dark no-shows, so I don't see the severity. I'd say this is not up to expectations.

This was after a few hours of wear:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.