Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spizike9

spizike9 Member

Noob here. What does MTO stand for?

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Made To Order (basically a custom-built shoe where you could choose the sole, welt, leather, etc.)

3. polishrifle

polishrifle Well-Known Member

How long did they quote you? Mine said back ordered 4 weeks. I'm a 13EEE so all my AE firsts have been made to order. I've had good luck in the past getting shoes 2-3 weeks from date of order, however seeing as this is a limited run I'm thinking a 1 month turn is probably the best we can hope for. This is partly why I love Shoe Bank. No waiting and so much better for impulse buys.

4. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

6-8 weeks. This whole run from my understanding is made to order regardless of size.

5. ALange

ALange Active Member

Just a heads up. There's a sale going on for the strands ($275) and other styles. If you have an Amex card there's an offer for $50 off $250 at AE. $225 for strands is a pretty good deal. I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on some oxbloods.

6. spizike9

spizike9 Member

Is that able to be done with any shoe? How much extra does it cost for the MTO option?

7. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Depends what you change. Just a sole is $40, she'll is about $300.

My favorite stands currently. You'll love them.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

[​IMG]

On a related note, you guys have been bringing it strong with your pix. Sure beats that phase where everyone was bitching, "Would you send these back?"

9. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior member

Hmm, never thought about that. I wonder what would happen if the shoes were delivered on a day I'm working from home. Would they disappear?

10. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

I hope to one day be like you and work from home.

Are you saying, you can't trust your co-workers? [​IMG]

I just told my wife that the blue Strands are about to be gone, and she said "you should buy one and then you can sell it later if you don't like it." Not what I was expecting. Well, I decided I would go to Nordstrom tomorrow to see if the 65 last works for me. If it doesn't, I won't consider it.

11. FinanceIS

FinanceIS Member

Is light brown shoe cream the correct method to bring the color back into these bourbon strands? [​IMG]

12. spizike9

spizike9 Member

I would think the bourbon polish would be best. It's no longer on AE site anymore. I called the Phoenix store and bought their last two tubes they had in stock. I would imagine other stores still probably have some. Call around.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Someone on the eBay selling forum had asked about a pair of Polo (basically a Shelton) they had found. Asking if they were shell (apparently yes). post #27876 You all may want to PM him.

They need rescuing. Maybe taking advantage of the $50 recrafting gift card in the process.

14. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Hotness. For some reason I thought someone posted a pic of an AE stingray MTO. Agree about ostrich; the texture just doesn't do it for me. Makes me think of cowboy boots.

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

And GMTO --> GROUP Made To Order. Just in case you were wondering.

Edit: While on this forum, MTO is usually referring to something customized from the normal offerings, you on occasion see it used to refer to shoes that were not in stock and were made to fulfill an order. Example: You go to the AE store for a 10D Walnut Strand and they have none, they check the central inventory and there are none in the system, so they will MTO you a pair. And yes I purposely chose one of the most common shoes for this example, only for effect.

Last edited: May 23, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.