Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Norwich is on the 2 last, which has a low vamp and very narrow toebox. I would try it on in person before gambling.

2. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Aberdeens for a waterlogged weekend:
    [​IMG]

3. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Ended up pulling the trigger on the AE-made Brooks Brothers brown suede wingtips. The price is further reduced to $149 for today and tomorrow and couldn't pass it up.

4. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Defying allegations of poor taste for wearing a bicycle toe shoe, I wait my turn for a haircut in Mapletons.

[​IMG]

5. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I have the Norwich, but can no longer wear it because of incorrect sizing. The toe box is very very narrow, but the rest of the shoe I don't find to be narrow at all. Try it out first or have the option to return/resell.

6. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

They are very nice shoes. I think you are going to like them. Be forewarned. They look much better than shown in the pictures, they don't come with lime shoe laces, and they may be in Peal & Co shoebags and box (at least mine were). I got mine for that price as well, some time ago.

7. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

It's worth checking out, but when I tried it on, the outside of the toe box seemed to have a more aggressive taper than the 5 last. The 5 seems to fit me well, but the 1943 not as much. That kind of took the air out of my interest in the Cornwallis.

8. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Awesome, can't wait until they arrive.

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I just stopped by the Allen Edmonds store at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, and have nothing but praise for Kesia Finley, who is the best and most knowledgeable salesperson I've worked with. She observed, from the creases in my Daltons, that I had been wearing shoes that were too long for me; after measuring me, she suggested that I try on something shorter and wider. Before I left, I had purchased three pairs -- oxblood Strands with Dainite soles, and Patriot and country grain Dundee seconds. (I'll likely return the Kenwoods I ordered yesterday).

If 13EEE works for me, that opens up a lot of possibilities I haven't had before, such as the made-for Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Harry Rosen styles that I had always considered too small for me to bother trying on. It was, by far, the most productive visit to a brick-and-mortar store I've ever had.

10. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Wait, you ordered seconds from a regular store?

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Suede on a Sunday too. Bad fit for me but I'm stubborn. Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. Maybe with thick socks they'd fit but for what I use them for they work just fine. Also I promise I'll have tan feet soon. I golf barefoot quite a bit...
    [​IMG]

12. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Agreed, they really are great guys and I'd never miss stopping in for a visit when in town!

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Meh, pale is the new tan.

14. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

Nice. Just got a pair from Amazon at a steal at $120. Gambled on size going a half size down from my usual 12 for the discount and it is way too tight. Toes are pushing the front even w/o socks. I guess I'll have to return. Put the money toward the Strand sale...

15. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I'm the opposite and went half up. Slight heel slippage but I'm not walking miles in these. Plus I love that dark suede and the stubbornness is real...speaking of Strand, I want that midnight. But don't want a midnight color belt :(

Last edited: May 22, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.