Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

3 for me, 2 dress shoes and 1 pair of nikes. Uncommon to do more than 2 in a day however.

2. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I'm gonna chime in on this. Ordinarily I would agree, but I think the sojourner I just got has the same bicycle toe look as that road warrior and I think it works pretty well. What a weird fit though....

Little more detail for those that care - I generally have a lot of trouble with sneakers, 7 being too short, 7.5 being too long. Liked the look of these since they didn't have that screaming contrast white sole. The toe box is humongous, like the Gobi. Already developing significant creases due to the volume. The heel cup is just bizarro - it's so padded it feels incredibly narrow. On top of that, with the way the leather on the outside is constructed, the back of the shoe actually hits right below the ankle. This can be pretty excruciating. Anyone who's broken in a red wing knows about the legendary ankle pain, and this is reminiscent of that. But...overall these due provide a ton of support. Mixed feelings - I like the look, I like the support and the hefty feel, but the front is a little too voluminous, and that heel thing hitting at the ankles is pretty bad. I'll see if that improves with wear.

3. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

3 as well. Eastports for morning errands, golf shoes and Strandmocks for a casual date.

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

To anyone who dares to claim that apron toe derbies are inherently ugly, I present you with the work of Antonio Meccariello.

I defy you to hold to that opinion. :p

[​IMG]

5. peppercorn78

I've done 4 before: Saucony trainers for morning jog, AE Voyagers to walk the kids to school, Dundees to teach my college course, then Vass monks for a gig at night.

6. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I bought the Bellevue during the Clearance Sale for the same reason. They've been great.

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

You're right. Shouldn't have picked up that crack-pipe before typing.

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I have not seen much mentioned on the forum about modifications to Allen Edmonds shoes. As a small attempt to get others to contribute their changes, I offer the following shoe. This very old Benton in chili came my way. You can see the old style sole of some years back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I wanted to try to make a few changes and get it back in the game. I had a recraft done at the factory for the mini lug sole and added brass eyelets for a little extra pop.

[​IMG][​IMG]

None of this was earthshaking, but I think it kept the shoe interesting and away from the Goodwill pile. Show us some pics if you have modified your shoes.

9. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

10. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

I think the blue Carlyle's someone has on here look badass. Not saying I would wear them to a funeral or job interview, but they would certainly be a great Friday shoe or shoe for the right occasion.

I can't remember who posted this, but I'm jealous.
    [​IMG]

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Pretty sure one of those 709 likes was mine. My IG is basically all footwear. I have issues...

12. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Ha! I'm right there with you. I may or may not have started a new account just for footwear.

13. peppercorn78

I'm actually planning to do the same. I'm actually a little embarrassed for other musicians to see my footwear rotation so it's time to divorce the two personas. :(

Last edited: May 20, 2016

14. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

I actually hit 5 today. Trail runners early morning for walking the dog. Vintage burgundy longwings for work. Running shoes for the treadmill right after work. Crocs (don't judge, it was a convenience choice for the next pair) for a drive to the field. Cleats for softball and a 4-2 win over the clearly best team in our league. (They've lost twice in the past 4 years, both to us.) Crocs back on for the drive home. Debating on the treadmill again. I could make it 6, if I go with a different runner.

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

So that's two, because you wore crocs twice, and not only does that not count, it negates some of the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.