Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I definitely understand your frustration. I've had a few shoes that took AE multiple attempts to get right. (And all of those issues were more sever and/or structural in nature.) The great(est) thing about AE is their customer service. So, if you are having second thoughts, I say send them back. First, though I would email this picture to, and speak with someone, in CAC. If this is your 3rd attempt at a satisfactory pair, then I would either a) keep them but ask for seconds pricing or b) have them send you a 4th pair, but inquire about a discount or gift card for future purchase for your trouble AND request someone look over the shoes before they are shipped out.

2. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Jealous.

3. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I have to agree. I purchased chili 5A dainite when it was on sale but received a terrible example of them. I returned them and was told they were in stock and would be overnighted but not until mine made it back.

By the time mine made it they were sold out. 4 week production time and I wasn't happy. I did end up getting a partial refund, 2 shoe trees and some Polish sent to make up for their error. I certainly would prefer the shoes but the effort put forth by Kay was excellent. Hoping to receive them in the next few days.

4. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

You would think that based on the number of people having these issues (and I myself had to send back a pair of Oxblood Strands last year because there was a horrible "bubble" in the leather) plus the sheer number of seconds available on the Shoebank, that AE would be better off just hiring a QC person to check shoes before they go out the door.

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:I don't know how many shoes they product a year, but it wouldn't be one person, it would be several. Maybe double-digits depending on how much they run, how many lines, etc. I'm sure they have a QC process, and you'd have to do them math of the costs of seconds (including things like shipping, etc and how much recovery they get from Shoebank...) vs. the cost of adding the bodies: If it costs a dollar more per shoe, do you recover that vs. today's approach of providing really good service when something does go wrong? I'm not saying those things are mutually exclusive, but they are additive...

6. gio923

gio923 Member

Hello people, I think this is the correct place for my question.
    I just got these shoes, does anyone know the name of them? I've searched but cannot find the exact pair. Please help. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere, that the Cognac was from Horween, but the others were from a different American tannery. I'll try and find the link.

8. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Another curiosity question, what is bicycle stitching? I am confused by the term, the searching I just did leads me to believe it references a leather top sew to leather sides that create a few layers so to speak. I am just trying to confirm because I see nothing but bad things about them.

9. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Stop making me want a fourth (and probably unobtainium) pair of McT's... [​IMG]

10. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

This is bicycle toe stitching...

[​IMG]

Here's AE's only bicycle toe shoe offering at the moment...

[​IMG]

You see nothing but bad things about it because it's ugly as all hell. I don't even believe that's a subjective opinion. Very, very few people find them aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  11. M2511

M2511 Senior member

These appear to be the Westfield made in 1992 time frame. The color is acorn deer skin possibly.

12. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

[​IMG]

13. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I'll definitely keep those but I strongly suggest you not to keep anything that makes you worried from day 1...

14. fsallstrom

fsallstrom Member

thanks, will definitely try that one

15. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

That is what I was referring to. Not a fan. Is apron stitching also considered equally as bad? I'm not fond of either just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.