1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm not even sure how you could forget these. If I had them my McTavish would almost never be worn. If I could find those in my size I'd be all over them despite my self imposed spending freeze hah.

1 person likes this.
  2. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

There is a pair of suede Byrons in my size on the bay. Heavily tempted.

3. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I think, internally, my gut is telling me I need more casual shoes instead of dress. Yet I'm the same guy that would rock chili/oxblood PA with jeans so...

4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Worst shoes ever.

5. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Jealous... There are a pair of Indy Line shoes in my size on there but I don't remember if its the same seller as the last time I saw them up. I know they sold and for $30 than current asking. If it isn't the same seller I'm thinking there is a reason the number of photos posted is limited.

There is always a need.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I'm in the same boat, haha. I wear most my shoes with jeans, too.

1 person likes this.
  7. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

I've done merlot McAllisters with jeans so far. And of course walnut Warwicks. Oh and the daltons.

And sturgis.

Hm.

Guess I get to apply for membership in the club too heh.

8. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Hey Guys....

Noticed there is very little love for the Clifton or Madison Avenue. I think these look great in Walnut and can be very versatile. Is there any love for these models and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I assume you mean Madison Park, which actually gets a lot of love on here. I agree, great looking walnut shoe. I've seen some Cliftons on the bay that I've been tempted by. Solid looking shoe.

10. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

No I meant the Madison Avenue. It's a cap toe blucher similar to the Clifton [​IMG] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Thanks for the split toe synthesis! This style is definitely not my favorite, but when done correctly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. andiandi

andiandi Well-Known Member

Just bought ne AE Leeds in burgundy Shell Cordovan. Really like that shoe, but somehow I feel like the lacing is somewhat crooked on the one shoe... Does anyone feel the Same way?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm not sure but the only place I've ever seen them sold is Nordstrom Rack (I don't recall them on AE site but it could have been before me). Someone had stated that AE seems to make shoes exclusively for the rack but I don't know if that is true.

14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I know what you mean. I have 2 pair of Leeds and they both do that. It's normal in my experience. I noticed that too when I bought them, but you can adjust the tongue and laces a bit to make it more straight. It's not really a big deal to me.

15. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Happy Friday, Gents! Slim faded denim and Addisons today. (Man these things are a mess... serious need of cleaning, heavy creases in one shoe and not the other, probably the worst heel slip of all my AEs. Maybe time to ship out? At the same time, they are decent beaters and the dianite has settled nicely.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Question for the FBWs - Can anyone help me identify this shoe?

Do you know of other navy, possibly CXL shoes? I have been on the hunt for a unique blue/navy casual shoes... Had my eye on some older blue Strandmoks, but nothing has jumped out at me yet.
    [​IMG]

17. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

With return labels they keep track by doing FedEx for Shoebank and UPS for CAC. I know I've seen UPS for shipments through both Shoebank and when ordering through the Allen Edmonds website. I'm not aware of any type of consistency with how they ship.

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I really like the Madison Ave. However, the last doesn't work for me. The Cliftons are a solid model. I thought that the Clifton is a Nordies only model, but i could be wrong.

19. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

The Madison Avenue in brown was one of my first pairs of Allen Edmonds, and is still my go-to shoe on days I wear brown suits. I bought my new on eBay, with leather soles, for $150 or so. They used to be available at mainline Allen Edmonds stores, but (at least when I started shopping at Allen Edmonds) they only had Dainite soles.

20. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I may be putting my head into the lion's mouth here, but:

Option one: Doc Martens pebble grain chukkas ($55 at Nordatrom Rack) plus burgundy Nathans or some other close out in the $150 range,

OR

Option Two: brown country grain Dundees

Obviously, the Dundees are higher quality than the Doc Martens, but are they good enough to allow me to check the proverbial box and put the savings elsewhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.