Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I'd be thrilled with the midnight blue myself. If it was done on an oxford I'd probably have to snag it.

2. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They are A LOT nicer than the standard AE offerings and are priced as such ($495). The leather used on the both the uppers and linings feel incredible. Many people here claim the Rutledge as their favorite AE shoe. You will not be disappointed.

3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

It looks to me that you have a high instep and a skinny ankle, which isn't fitting very well in this size/last. The boots should stretch a little and fit better there eventually. I'm not sure what would happen to that wrinkled area in the meantime. Maybe if you fattened up your ankles until the instep fits better....

Last edited: May 20, 2016

4. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Which edge dressing would you guys recommend here? Dark chili burnished. Looks like black or maybe brown and on the shoe.

[​IMG]

5. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I'm VERY tempted by the navy Nuemok.
    I already have the olive Rush Street. I love those shoes. They're not something that I can wear with everything.
    I'm afraid that the navy Neumok is in the same category and would be redundant. Your thoughts?

6. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Walnut Strands (polished with dark brown over the years) for Friday

[​IMG]

7. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Rule #2, Double-tap.....

8. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

My thoughts are I just got mine and love love LOVE 'em. :D

Post here with a photo with linen trousers. Also probably going to look good sockless with shorts, or with light-to-medium gray dress pants or maybe even red or stone chinos.....bah, the list goes on and on. They'll actually work with lots of stuff, as long as you're confident enough to wear them with it. ;) Confidence trumps the so-called "rules" very frequently.

9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

Not AE today, but I'm bored waiting on a haircut. I wore these Sperry Gold Cups on my wedding day (I got married on the beach on the coast of NC). Heading to Charleston in a couple hours for a wedding.

10. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@mreams99 I own the olive rush st and the red neumok. I consider the neumok more of a spring/summery shoe since its unlined and doesn't keep me too warm. I like both but the rush st gets way more use - olive is just easier to pair with khakis & denim. Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of anything in burnished red, I just am not in denim enough. If I had to do it over, id probably go with the Nordstrom acorn - that would go with anything. So id say not redundant. Now neumok vs strandmok id say redundant.

11. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Chili. Or neutral would work too.

12. M2511

M2511 Senior member

They look black (could be my eyes or just photo quality). My warwicks in chili use chili edge dressing. Contact live support on their website and they will point you toward which edge dressing you should use.

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    [​IMG]

No AEs today. Vintage Florsheim Imperials with the V cleat suicide heel came my way. AMAZING condition and quality
    for a shoe that was made in March 1969! Brushed, VSC and out the door. Although not AE, I thought some may appreciate really "old school" longwings when
    the quality was at a far higher level than today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

My appreciation of those (and difficulty finding any in size 15) is the major reason I bought my pair of MacNeils. Just a terrific, masculine shoe.

15. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Those look fantastic. Wouldn't mind having a pair of those fall into my lap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.