• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

marver

Reaction score
Hie guys!
Need your professional help here..
According to my size,I'm wearing EUR 42.5 / UK 8 on 27cm on Converse Jack Purcell sneaker.Perfectly fits well.
On my last purchase Grenson Dylan Tan 8.5 size.It seems the last were slight bigger as i'm having heel slips.

And was browsing on Ebay,Saw this nice pair of AE Strand in 8.5C Fitting (Bourbon) and the colour makes me wanted it so badly.
Shall i go for US8.5 or 9?
Meanwhile,Can someone verified this shoe is legit? Checked with seller and he clarified is 100% Genuine. Maybe 2nd.
Sincerely appreciate!

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Allen-Edmonds-STRAND-Oxfords-8-5-C-Bourbon-367-/401122152945?

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hie guys!
Need your professional help here..
According to my size,I'm wearing EUR 42.5 / UK 8 on 27cm on Converse Jack Purcell sneaker.Perfectly fits well.
On my last purchase Grenson Dylan Tan 8.5 size.It seems the last were slight bigger as i'm having heel slips.

And was browsing on Ebay,Saw this nice pair of AE Strand in 8.5C Fitting (Bourbon) and the colour makes me wanted it so badly.
Shall i go for US8.5 or 9?
Meanwhile,Can someone verified this shoe is legit? Checked with seller and he clarified is 100% Genuine. Maybe 2nd.
Sincerely appreciate!

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Allen-Edmonds-STRAND-Oxfords-8-5-C-Bourbon-367-/401122152945?
Looks like you either pulled the trigger or someone beat you to it. Those look great... definitely genuine AE. I've always been told that US sizing is a full size bigger than UK, so I think you would need a 9. My advice would be to get your brannock size and then try to order some AEs.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to laugh anytime someone says, "Do you even walnut, bro?" (I think @MattRiv was the latest) I was a bro who did not walnut until recently. IMO oxblood > walnut however walnut is more versatile than I originally thought. Another 5 more walnut pairs and I should be set...

Those shoes look tremendous. What brand of denim do you wear?

HelpMyStyle

Reaction score
@MattRiv I couldn't stand it any longer - I just bought the Rutledge black cap toes that you mentioned from Ebay. Are the Independence collections shoes supposedly nicer than standard AE?

I am crossing my fingers that they fit since there are no returns with this seller. I think for the price I paid I can get most of my money back if I need to re-auction them.

marver

Reaction score
Thanks,I'm yet to pull the trigger.But i think i will.
As the color as so tempting...
Btw,You was suggesting i go for size 9 right?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those shoes look tremendous.  What brand of denim do you wear?

Good ole Levi's 511. I haven't jumped into the raw selvedge, yet. Should I? That big a difference?

Last edited:

fsallstrom

Reaction score

Hi folks, I need your professional opinion on this one. When I lace up my AE fifth street I get an ugly "fold" between two of the eyelets on one side. I am having the same problem with both shoes. (see the attached photo, sorry for the bad quality) I try to tie them evenly but the problem remains. I am starting to think I did something wrong when I laced them. I use a version of straight easy lacing adapted to odd nr of eyelets, like the one described in the image below. If I refer to the image below, the issue appears on the right hand side, between eyelet 4-5, when thinking about it I could really see this issue being related to the lacing technique. I really prefer straight lacing but it looks really ugly at the moment. Any ideas?

StraightEasyLacing7cm.gif

gm928

Reaction score
Maybe try this one:

The extra crossing underneath might provide better closure and eliminate the fold, and you've got good enough closure on those shoes to prevent the laces that cross underneath from being visible.

Amercs

Reaction score

I don't have any gray Long Branch, but if I did, I would wear a casual-looking black leather belt with them. Other weasels in this barn will have different opinions, but I think a gray belt would be too matchy, even if you actually had a gray belt. 

That's what I've been going with, thanks for the reply.

whodey14

Reaction score

Brown Mcallister Dainite

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear my tan McT's all the time but rarely reach for this black pair. Even more of an oxymoron than the other variants, I guess. That, or I just don't wear black often enough.

For my fellow McT bros, do you know if the leather/source was the same for each color? I was asked if the tan was also Horween's Dublin leather or if that was only for the cognac color.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good ole Levi's 511. I haven't jumped into the raw selvedge, yet. Should I? That big a difference?

Depends on your body build really. If you are skinny and like the style,you might want to give a pair a try. The ones I posted earlier this week are my first pair and I just picked up a second that is stretch selvage yesterday ($50 shipped, crazy sale right now) both from 7 For All Mankind. The original pair was non-stretch and is a bit binding at the moment, so I thought he stretch might work better for me.

I've been wearing 7s for 10 years now and will likely stick with them forever. The build quality is excellent and they fit better than any other brand that I've tried on. Like AE, they have earned my loyalty.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Hey guys! Looking to take advantage of AE seconds sale. Have three shoes in mind and looking for some advice. I wear dress shoes daily and am a big fan of AEs. I particularly am getting more into dress boots, though am open to other shoes and trying to figure out what to buy next. Here is what I own already.

1. Brown brooks PAs
2. Walnut strand
3. Burgundy McAllisters

4. Light tan cronmok
5. Shell cordovan Daltons

Here is what I am considering.
1. Bourbon Mora 2.0
2. Brown fifth street
3. Bourbon Randolph (though open to other suggestions for loafer - like high vamp and sleek toe)

Which 1 (or 2) of those shoes would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New color dropping Sunday!

Fingers crossed that it's an official Filthy Barnweasel Brown. I couldn't order that color fast enough.

whodey14

Reaction score

Fingers crossed that it's an official Filthy Barnweasel Brown. I couldn't order that color fast enough.

I'd be thrilled with the midnight blue myself. If it was done on an oxford I'd probably have to snag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads