1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I assume that this means it looks the same as the v-tread at the front of the shoe? Still wish they did it with dovetails....

2. Apache Moneyman

Apache Moneyman New Member

That's a real shame, I sent my McAllister's to the recrafting department and they were returned with a quite large gouge on the upper by the heel which had been glued over as if that was the appropriate solution... I felt pretty deceived by this and ultimately the issue was not resolved by them until a full two months later
    Quote:

Last edited: May 19, 2016

3. Amercs

Amercs Active Member

A little late but this was my walnut Wednesday, Bel Air by the beach
    [​IMG]

4. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

The strands out in the wild. [​IMG]

5. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

I'm looking for a new pair of loafers to compliment my brown McGraws. The options are tan saddle penny loafers, burgundy shell beef roll penny loafers ($300 right now), or tassel loafers (in any color). Which do you think would offer the most versatility? I would primarily wear them for travel, and on weekends when I have something very casual in the afternoon and something slightly dressier at night.

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

That's really up to your sense of style I guess. If it were me, I'd probably get the shell beef rolls since you already have a brown(ish) loafer in the McGraw. I do find myself drawn to the Grayson, but haven't bitten the bullet on seeing if I can pull off a tassel loafer or not... otherwise, I really like the shape of that shoe.

7. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Tassels ftw. Love my Graysons. Might wear them tomorrow actually...

8. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

New Neumoks arrived. Clearly a break in the weather around Baltimore of late is a sign.....so they're accompanying me on the evening's Uber journeys.

[​IMG]

9. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

Love these, they really pop. Probably my favorite casual dress shoe.

10. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Love that blue color with red laces combo. I wish they would offer that for the Leeds or Lasalle.

11. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

I'm still trying to figure out my sense of style with regards to loafers. Since I started buying Allen Edmonds's shoes a few years ago, I have mainly focused on dress shoes and boots. I bought the McGraws because they seemed to be about as versatile as a loafer could get, but something about the last makes them blister my feet if I wear them without socks, or if I walk to far in them (I could wear them for a full day of playing tourist, for example).

I'm a 36 year-old lawyer. I love how the Graysons look, but I mainly see them on older men -- people at the partner/supervisory level, and I'm worried about looking like a parvenu!

Also, tassel loafers seem to be particularly popular in #8 shell. Would it make sense to hold off on burgundy pair finds its way to eBay or the Shoebank?

12. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

Quick question to everyone. Is it normal for a pair of AE shoes to cause blisters in the back of your ankles after the first wear? The shoes feel good and I'm sure they're the right fit. I have 6 other pairs of AE shoes/boots and those felt good during the first wear...

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Took this just for you. Grayson in brown. I'm 33, not a lawyer, unless you count bird law then pretty much everything is boiler plate (Always Sunny reference for those not in the know). I love love love oxblood but have an oxblood shoe for every working day of the week, I needed a versatile brown. These are it. I'll end up with an oxblood for every day of the month when it's all said and done probably...
    [​IMG]

14. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

Interesting on the comment about that last tearing your feet up. I typically don't wear any of my nicer shoes without socks, but instead use invisible socks because I do love that sockless look... especially with loafers. I find that the invisible socks both protect my feet and the shoes (my feet sweat a lot). Apparently the last that shoe is made on is roughly the same one as the 97 (toe box is slightly different) used for the Grayson, so just keep that in mind.

I actually think the Grayson is more of a "young mans" tassel loafer if you compare it to something handsewn like a Maxfield for instance. The sleek look that a lasted loafer can give lets you pull the tassels off (if that makes any sense, it does to me at least). #8 is definitely awesome and if you can hold off and find a pair that you like, that would be a great way to save some coin.

If you were going to go with some handsewn, I would forgo the tassels.

15. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior Member

New lasalle just bought on clearance. So Damn comfy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.