Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

@AllenEdmondsCEO

Please ask the Allen Edmonds design and marketing teams to consider bringing back the Clark Street again in the future. [​IMG]

Joking aside, I appreciate you taking the time to read thoughts from your loyal customers.

2. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

3. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Thank you so much for engaging with us and improving functionality! I appreciate Allen Edmonds!

Warwick Wednesday:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2016

4. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I wish I spent 2k on shoes.... Just ordered shell daltons [​IMG]

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Haha! Actually, these have been getting much less wear than the black ones recently. Not sure why. Maybe I'll rectify that next week.

6. gm928

gm928 Senior member

My thoughts on these is that the price is good, but not great. If I was in the market for a suede shoe right now, I'd probably do the AE for BB brown suede shortwings (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html), which are only $178, or the navy suede Dundees (firsts on clearance for $217, seconds on the shoebank for $177). But both of these choices are somewhat more casual than the longwings you're looking at.

The repertoire question is going to be highly personal to your wardrobe and sense of style. Some people would wear these all the time, and others wouldn't get much use at all. Most people wouldn't wear suede with a suit, with possible exceptions for more casual spring/summer suit styles (cotton suits, linen, etc.). But I think the consensus on this board would be that these shoes would work with almost anything else, from sport jackets (with or without a tie) to jeans and a polo shirt.

Last edited: May 18, 2016

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I love my dark chili PAs

8. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

This is the first time I've ever been in awe of the Warwick...they look incredible

9. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Senior member

Hey all,

I have a pair of Dundees that I bought from a retailer that I suspect sells seconds not marked as such. The prices are usually good and the flaws so minor that I don't mind and I have bought more than one pair of AEs from them over the internet. I have another pair of Dundees that I bought as firsts directly from AE.

Can you tell which is which from this picture?

[​IMG]

10. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Are these based on the McAllister?

What makes these more casual, the natural edge? If normally think short wing bals were more formal than long wing Blucher's.

11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:I think you're mainly on the right track. I've used Saphir Renovatuer on my tan McT's and they haven't darkened noticeably.

12. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

In that case you're on the right track with the Dainite soled shoe. I like Chukkas, and wear them to work frequently, although I don't know if you're looking for something that casual.

Too bad they don't make the Varno 2.0 (Leeds with mini lug sole) or Dainite soled Lexington anymore. I think those would both be great for you in Dark Chili. Maybe there's some on the Shoebank in your size.

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

@naspratt - your Warwicks look great! They make me sad though - I want the Dark Chili (a BB-only model) and the 11.5D is cut too tightly to accomodate my high instep. Not only are they tight but there is a ripple in the top (where the laces would be) that just looks bad. A 12 is too long (heel slip) and there aren't E widths for the BB models. Not really looking for Walnut or Oxblood :(

Net: color me jealous!

14. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I'm not sure if those are based on the McAllister or not, but someone else here can probably tell you for sure. And yes, to my eye the natural edge (and the contrasting laces) makes this shoe more casual, overwhelming any of the other "rules" regarding bals, bluchers, leather vs. rubber sole, etc. They are also unlined, which gives them less structure, and they have a storm welt. They could be "formalled up" by replacing the laces and sanding / refinishing the edge.

15. mosy

mosy Senior member

The

These are actually dark brown burnished, although the bright sunlight is giving it a lighter look...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.