Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllenEdmonds

AllenEdmonds Member

Your message made me laugh. We realize that some people do enjoy the "hunt" for shoes. You can still reach out to any of our retail outlets and work with them directly. You can also call or email customer service, and they will be glad to help you. For those that want more control, there is shoebank.com. For Allen Edmonds its all about giving the customer options, and a better experience. Thanks for the laugh and being a great customer.

2. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

I was also thinking the bourbon was halfway in between and leaning towards black although from my reading black as a work shoe is a controversial topic. I do like the black Park Avenues.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I feel like I developed a great relationship with Kristle from Jeffersonville back when I was buying AE more often. I just have purchased 15 pairs from her. Maybe more. She knew what I liked and was looking for and always have me the low down on stock on the horizon, and looked over pairs for me to make sure they were good. That kind of customer service is priceless.

4. AllenEdmonds

AllenEdmonds Member

Here is the list of improvements I currently have for shoebank.com. I am traveling this week but will sit down with a few people on Friday. Not all of these will be possible, but we might be able to get a few done fairly quick.

Work on redesign of pagination
    Boots category, expanded categories(dress, casual, boots, loafers, monk strap)
    Sort by price
    Select by color
    Search by shoe name
    Select by current sales items
    Inventory lookup by store/location
    Site refresh - more often
    "low quantity" message
    Sole selection
    Multiple select on size and width

Thank you,

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Did you have to walk up hill both ways to the shoe bank?

6. M2511

M2511 Senior member

In the snow during the summer I believe. If the above changes are made I have a feeling those shoebank sales are going to improve dramatically.

7. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

As-is, people are probably doing multiple searches per visit. For example, I do one search then another to search for last and sort. So perhaps add more search parameters to the home page like last, sort by, and color. That should reduce the hits.

8. mosy

mosy Senior member

Lovin the simplicity of the good old PA's....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Civil Engineer in the land development sector and on any given day I can be meeting on construction sites, downtown with City officials, clients in my office, or on field site visits. I would say it is a bit more formal than tech.

I thought about a danite chukka for days I know I will be on construction sites.

10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

@AllenEdmondsCEO

Thank you for your response to the concerns (honestly --> complaints) with the change to ShoeBank.com. I found them to be annoying, but reasoned it was due to load related to the Memorial Day Sale. Its understandable. Nevertheless, some of the recent suggestions on improvements have been proposed since around the time of ShoeBank.com's inception. post #44386, post #44389, so my hopes are not high.

Still, I am thankful for ShoeBank.com, and I realize that some things I may desire for it are not in the best business interests of Allen Edmonds. I haven't been around long enough to have experienced the process pre-ShoeBank.com, and I think that we (the members of this forum), should keep in mind that ShoeBank is still pretty darn good.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that while I do not love any corporation (except Apple), I do absolutely love my Allen Edmonds shoes.

Sincerely,
    Ted

PS Kudos and much love to the staff of the Paramus outlet. They rock.

11. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Thanks for the reply, there is a pair of Madison Avenue's on the bank I am stalking.

12. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Thanks!

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

The Freiburg or Odenwald with either a Danite or mini-lug sole would have fit the bill quite nicely.

14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

The Precious!

Last edited: May 18, 2016

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Sounds like a McTavish would fit in there quite nicely. But not many left on ShoeBank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.