1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!! MOOR OXBLOOD

2 people like this.
  2. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

I wouldn't even have questioned these being black if I did t see your post as to these being the Midnight a couple days back. How are they with navy pants? I feel they may go well since they are still significantly darker?

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

4. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:Woodlore Epic knock-offs (or at least non-branded versions made by them). MassDrop occasionally has them for about that money in 2-pair packs. I like them a lot. Would guess the ones in the link above are fine...

5. frosejr

frosejr Active Member

Woodlores are all made in USA. This company's web site says they ship US cedar to China to make them. Some people might care, some might not.

6. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

They actually go surprisingly well with navy pants- the only time I noticed that they were definitely a color other than black was in direct sunlight outdoors. "Midnight Navy" is a very apt name- these certainly aren't a bright shade of blue.

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Is it me or is this another case of. "Once again, better than the pictures on the AE website."?

AE would be better served giving some forum members pairs of upcoming shoes and have them take the photographs. In case they're reading, put me down for any new shell. [​IMG]

8. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

Very nice. Excited to test their veristility. Did you go with black belt with them? Ive been trying to figure out what to do about that but this may confirm that a black makes sense.

9. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I learned pretty early on that you can't trust the pics on AE's site. Their photography is often very inaccurate with the real color.

Having said that, I really like that dark blue color of the Cornwallis. It might just be the lighting in that picture, but they look darker than I expected.

10. orange fury

Yes- black leather strap on a Tiffany buckle and a black watch strap. I won't bother trying to find a navy belt to pair with these, the black works perfectly

11. orange fury

Granted, this is in my office, but they are a bit darker than I expected as well. That said, it makes them far more versatile IMHO.

12. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

It sort of reminds me of the Hober site in that the stock photos don't do the ties justice. At least on the Hober site there is a gallery of customer supplied photos that better show how fantastic the ties are, both in color and texture.

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Starting my work week off the right way. Oxblood Ascher and some bright socks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Can anyone compare the fit of the Sea Island to the Patriot? I have the Patriot and am wondering how I should size the Sea Island.

15. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Bourbon Strands today with some color. I realize this is fashion from two years ago, but I like it anyways.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Pequot

Pequot New Member

Saw a pair of brown McTavish's in 10.5E pop up on SB - first time I've seen them there. I emailed and they are already gone! As a newbie I need to work on my FBWeasel speed...

17. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Chinos, no-show socks, and Bob's chili Rogue today...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

I have a question for those experienced with the "beloved" 5 last.

Does the contouring of the footbed adapt much over time? It's subtle, but the the footbed has depressions for the medial and lateral ball of the foot. I don't have much lateral arch, so the drop off into that pinky-side depression causes some discomfort. A little moleskin on my foot to reduce the depth of that contour seems to be helping.

Is there any reason to believe the cork will adapt and form more to where my foot actually sits? Will some of these ridges compress under my weight? Or do they more or less stay the same?

I don't think my feet are ideal candidates for the 5 last. But, with all of the best styles being made on this last - I'd really like to be able to make it work!

19. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Do you guys know if these shoes, being sold by Brooks Brothers, are manufactured by Allen Edmonds? They look very similar to MacNeils, but I find their mahogany/teak pebbled grain leather preferable to the brown pebble grain on mainline Allen Edmonds shoes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  20. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Those are AE. If you look at the photo for the bottom of the shoe you'll see the distinct bottoms that AE puts on their BB shoes.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.