Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Well it's not just cosmetic. There is a small "crack" per se in the levels or stacks in the heel. Overall the heel still feels secure. I'm just wondering will I need a heel re-craft soon and why this is happening?

2. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

E Riviaras. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

I have seen multiple pairs of AE shoes that develop the cracks, but they typically hold together. I second the recommendation to edge dress and carry on till it becomes structural.

Last edited: May 17, 2016

4. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Only two pair? Maybe it's the work stress talking, but I could easily go ape on 4 or 5 that are on sale right now! :happy: Unfortunately, many are on lasts I haven't tried.

Has anyone noticed all the Dundees are at $199? Addison is at $189 too. These were not shown on the sales flyer I received.

5. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Not all the Dundees are at $199. The Brooks versions are at $149, and navy suede is at $177.

6. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Are those the loafers from National Lampoon's Vacation?

7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Meh, no suedes in my size. I would have picked up the Snuff if they had it. Or the Bitter Chocolate, or the Navy. Come to think of it, change those 'or's to 'AND's.

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I prefer these:

[​IMG]

or these:

[​IMG]

9. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Hmmm...so I laced up and tried on the Shannon Drive on Butyl tonight, and I'm going to do the noob thing.

First try-on was sorta loosely-laced and there was a considerable gap/wrinkle on the outside of the shoe on both sides. I re-tied them tighter, and the gap decreased considerably but...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They're perfect otherwise, and felt great in the 5 minutes I had them on. I took down my Tangnac McT's (5-last, same size) and they don't have this at all.

These are firsts, and seem to be in every other respect, but I'm not sure what to think here.

Thoughts?

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Speaking for myself, the only time I see all white or predominately white shoes is on the golf course. While these may be well constructed shoes with great lines, they just don't work for my personal style and I can't see myself with a pair. But then again, that's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors. Everybody's different.

11. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Excessive gapping at the throat of the shoe is one of those things I occasionally find and it seems to occur without rhyme or reason. From my perspective, even if the rest of the shoe feels good, it gives the appearance that the shoes are simply ill fitting. I would compare it to a suit that fits poorly but otherwise would look good. For my part, I would prefer not to have the excessive gap and would continue looking for other shoes that look as though they fit appropriately.

12. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

First thing I think is "women's shoes". But don't listen to me, go with your gut.

13. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Barn weasel PSA. Spotted some Madison aves in Walnut at my Nordies Rack (I'm in the DC area). Various sizes but mostly in D widths. The bad: They're going for $209. I really like the shade of walnut and how it looks on this captoe:

[​IMG]

14. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Looking for recommendations for a 2nd pair of shoes to rotate with a pair of Bourbon 5th Avenues I just picked up on the ShoeBank.

Short background, 35 year old engineering project manager that meets with clients at least once a week and gives presentations in front of 20+ people once a month. Normal business attire (slacks / button shirt) 4 days a week with denim on Friday. Until now I've mostly had Kenneth Cole shoes but looking to take my appearance up a notch.

Thanks!

15. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I see the Bebe Rebozo estate has settled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.